Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Liverpool ripped up the culture he had built, going for a much more modern structure. And they started that process 12 years ago.
Yes, I remember Roy Hodgson first day saying 'Dearie Me, what's been going on here? This has all got to go'. and the Liverpool fans throwing their hats in the air in delight.

I suspect he has followed, he is a driven and clever person.

The question is fundamentally do you want him doing that?

There are many people with skillsets in "progressing a club", that is Marcel Brands job.

All successful clubs have a lot more staff than Everton on the footballing side. It may be they aren't run efficiently and all these development coaches and analysts add zero value but I suspect not.
I think Wenger taught us all they do.

Mate of mine convinced that Benitez' old asst manager Pako was the hidden talent behind his reputation. Mate's a rs, of course, but does he have a point I wonder, things fell apart more or less after the two fell out while RB was still at the pit..
We’ll Pako has been abysmal since leave rb so it’s hard to see him being a huge determining factor

For some of the lads on here slagging Benitez achievements at Newcastle and comparing him to Steve Bruce , I would suggest that they go on The Mag (NUFC forum). They may need to reappraise their views !. Either that or Newcastle fans are wildly wrong in their opinion of their own managers (interesting editorial too).

Mate of mine convinced that Benitez' old asst manager Pako was the hidden talent behind his reputation. Mate's a rs, of course, but does he have a point I wonder, things fell apart more or less after the two fell out while RB was still at the pit..
I've heard this before, it's like in more recent times didn't Liverpool lose someone behind the scenes and the results dipped?
It's as if they have a puppet out front to.play up the roll for the media but a real back seat driver.

It wasn't exactly Clough and Taylor but Pako was more the man-manager who the players loved, not sure how much fitness/tactical work he did, but it worked as a partnership. After he left he started to lose the dressing room because the good cop to his bad cop had left.

Benny ( what I call him now ) wanted Dias at the barcodes before Citeh even heard of him but was stopped due to Rick Astley’s ownership of the club.
Benny will have the backing to get the players he wants now.
Give the man a chance FFS

For some of the lads on here slagging Benitez achievements at Newcastle and comparing him to Steve Bruce , I would suggest that they go on The Mag (NUFC forum). They may need to reappraise their views !. Either that or Newcastle fans are wildly wrong in their opinion of their own managers (interesting editorial too).

These are the fans that gave us Paulie Belta, grown men dressing in bed sheets and horse punchers, you do realise that don’t you lol

It wasn't exactly Clough and Taylor but Pako was more the man-manager who the players loved, not sure how much fitness/tactical work he did, but it worked as a partnership. After he left he started to lose the dressing room because the good cop to his bad cop had left.
interesting

whatever he'll be gone within a year.

With Pako unavailable it is clear this experiment will fail so let's sack the fat kopite rat preemptively

I would place little weight on the counsel of a Geordie . They are the among the most delusional people I’ve ever met and their (misplaced ) arrogance makes most RS seem humble by comparison.
Disregard.

Status
Not open for further replies.