The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a culture of people leaving with ages to go. Few years ago it was as the injury time board went up. Now it's steady from 75 minutes. It's bizarre and embarassing.

And don't get me started on the people who turn up 10 minutes in. Go for a pint at 35 minutes. Don't return to about 58 minutes. And then leave ten minutes from the end. Do you support Everton or Carling ffs.

There's more than a few of them in the Upper Gwladys St that do this, then moan about everything from the moment they do eventually sit down - don't know why they even bother going to the game to be honest!

Support in the Prem generally baffles me. I come from a country and area where you cheer for 100 minutes no matter how your team is playing or are they winning or losing.

Here it seems a misplaced ball makes the fans' panties twist. Leaving 10 minutes before the end is inexcusable, especially when it's a tight margin of one goal.

Support only when the team is doing good is NO support at all.

Last edited:

I expect some sort of a celebration yes, given we are a mid table team and needed a win.

We did celebrate when we scored. The appropriate amount. Some people seem to want to blame the fans for what is happening on the pitch though but the fans started this season like every other season in fine voice and then for some reason the performances just drop of a cliff. Then the fans get blamed for not backing the team.

We did celebrate when we scored. The appropriate amount. Some people seem to want to blame the fans for what is happening on the pitch though but the fans started this season like every other season in fine voice and then for some reason the performances just drop of a cliff. Then the fans get blamed for not backing the team.

Right, let's have this right - no one is blaming the fans for what is going on on the pitch. Stating that our fans are horrendous has absolutely nothing to do with the effect of the fans on team performance. Whether you think it does or not is irrelevant, people will have their own takes on it and truly, we'll never know because we're not professional footballers.

Now that's out the way, no, those celebrations were an absolute embarrassment. It was deathly silent by the time the players had lined back up to kick off, that is not normal. We also didn't "start the season in fine voice". We were booing at 0-0 at half time against Fulham and booed when one of their players hit the bar. Fans were screaming for Silva's head at the West Ham game, 5th game of the season. People only want to make noise to fume at something. Our fans are a disgrace and that place is a constantly unpleasant pit of misery.

Right, let's have this right - no one is blaming the fans for what is going on on the pitch. Stating that our fans are horrendous has absolutely nothing to do with the effect of the fans on team performance. Whether you think it does or not is irrelevant, people will have their own takes on it and truly, we'll never know because we're not professional footballers.

Now that's out the way, no, those celebrations were an absolute embarrassment. It was deathly silent by the time the players had lined back up to kick off, that is not normal. We also didn't "start the season in fine voice". We were booing at 0-0 at half time against Fulham and booed when one of their players hit the bar. Fans were screaming for Silva's head at the West Ham game, 5th game of the season. People only want to make noise to fume at something. Our fans are a disgrace and that place is a constantly unpleasant pit of misery.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. We’ve had a joke of a team for the best part of 20 years and yet we still get full houses at Goodison and pack out away ends. I don’t see how the fans are a disgrace because they collectively find it difficult to blindly back a team that has achieved nothing but failure for a large chunk of their lives.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. We’ve had a joke of a team for the best part of 20 years and yet we still get full houses at Goodison and pack out away ends. I don’t see how the fans are a disgrace because they collectively find it difficult to blindly back a team that has achieved nothing but failure for a large chunk of their lives.

I've had this discussion with another poster, but simply turning up does not make you boss supporters. If the ground was half empty but consisted entirely of people who weren't miserable angry dullards waiting to kick off at the first sign of a fault, the atmosphere would be 10x better.

I've had this discussion with another poster, but simply turning up does not make you boss supporters. If the ground was half empty but consisted entirely of people who weren't miserable angry dullards waiting to kick off at the first sign of a fault, the atmosphere would be 10x better.

And the club coffers would be much barer

At the end of the day, plonking down the cash for a season ticket is the biggest commitment you can make to a football club as a supporter

Martin Samuel's Anti-Everton Agenda has hit new lows

Utter scumbag

I'd be tempted to demand the club ban the Mail if it hasn't done already

We'll just sit back and accept it though, as always
So any abuse a player gets now is racially motivated? Like you say the club needs to act on this allegation from that fat turd Samuel and demand an apology if no evidence is found.

And the club coffers would be much barer

At the end of the day, plonking down the cash for a season ticket is the biggest commitment you can make to a football club as a supporter

Of course the club would rather the ground be full and the atmosphere dead, but as a fan myself I don't find the experience of being surrounded by so many whoppers that enjoyable.

I mean the team on display at Goodison hasn't been particularly exciting in recent times but I do wish we made a bit more noise in the ground like..

It's easy to see how the players can get a bit of a boost from the crowd singing regardless of what's going down on the pitch. I know people want to vent when we're doing badly but surely it's just making an already difficult situation worse? Professional footballers or not they're still human beings - it'll affect them.

I do wonder if the players sometimes think 'I'm really trying and the fans just keep booing, why should I bother?!'.

Yes they are professionals and earn alot of money but as you say, they are only human.

I do wonder if the players sometimes think 'I'm really trying and the fans just keep booing, why should I bother?!'.

Yes they are professionals and earn alot of money but as you say, they are only human.
Because they wouldn’t get to the level they are at if that bothered them. Same as the cheering.

Status
Not open for further replies.