The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post derby debacle, and poor Newcastle performance malaise.

We rarely come out 'all gun's blazing', doubt set's in, pass's go astray, the opposition takes heart, and we struggle.

We need a period of consistency on the pitch to engender some atmosphere in the ground.

Sad, but true, I fear.
Atmosphere in most grounds is on the slide. Think it is just apathy. Football has gone through its most stable period and clubs have never had it so good. People are getting bored of it.

Could someone tell me which English home crowds do provide a good atmosphere?

People have changed and football isn’t the same as it used to be. Get over it.
Without wanting to refer to that shower too much, however they're a typical example. They talk about the great atmosphere, but more often than not it's a morgue.

Although, when the big games come around then they work it to their advantage which subdues the calls that it's not what it was. We're no different at all!

A big game then Goodison can be intense to the point of being vile - it's bloody brilliant - but it's often quiet and placid, or at least most parts of the ground are.

I do feel that there's parts of the ground that to more than others (The Street End still wasn't what it was) so maybe that's something that must be addressed.

They should call Goodison "The Morgue" .

There are in essence 20 Morgues in the Premier League on a regular basis. It's the way football has gone.

Not many teams can get a rocking atmosphere on many occasions throughout a season. I would guess most teams are lucky if they can get a handful of games where the atmosphere is electric. Things like a cup run can help. Watford on a Monday night a few weeks before Xmas isn't going to be one of those occasions when it's cracking atmosphere.

Where is it you sit mate?

Because it was limbs in the Gwladys and everyone was singing the Richarlison song

One of the issues I find is that often any noise generated in the St End rarely travels to the rest of the ground. If there's a few singing at the back of the Gladdy they may think the atmospheres great when in reality the singing isn't getting past the front row and certainly not to the Park End for people there to join in.

Acoustics in the 'home end' of the new ground should be a major consideration.

I teach and would not be able to get home in time.

Jog on with your sarcastic comment. When I can get a ticket to Goodison (which is bloody impossible sometimes) the whole day costs 150 quid.

I was only joking mate.

I know a lot of people make sacrifices both financially and from a time perspective to go the game. Not everyone can go to every game, for a variety of reasons. Some people go the game and sing their heart out whether it's an FA Cup Final or Watford at home on a cold Monday night. Others don't and only get caught up and contribute when the atmosphere is already there.

That's all fine. I've probably been in both camps during my match going days.

The reason I picked on your post is the irony of someone complaining about the atmosphere when they were watching it on the TV. Like I said, it was tongue in cheek. No offence intended.

One of the issues I find is that often any noise generated in the St End rarely travels to the rest of the ground. If there's a few singing at the back of the Gladdy they may think the atmospheres great when in reality the singing isn't getting past the front row and certainly not to the Park End for people there to join in.

Acoustics in the 'home end' of the new ground should be a major consideration.

Yeah there are times that I think it's rocking, but then you watch it back on TV and you can't hear it

At the end of the day, the Gwladys Street is just one side of the stadium, so it can only do so much on its own

The Park End needs to step up. If it does, the other two sides will join in, I'm sure of it

Atmosphere in most grounds is on the slide. Think it is just apathy. Football has gone through its most stable period and clubs have never had it so good. People are getting bored of it.
Couldn't agree more with you mate, you've got young players now(and older ones) who are millionaires without doing much in the game,fans aren't soft we see these players sometimes not even bothering putting in a shift,I'm sure when we play the scum,manc clubs and spurs next Sunday the atmosphere will be much better, but Watford on a cold Monday night doesn't get the blood pumping for most of our fans, that's the way it is.

Apart from the now very tedious 'we only sing when we're winning' after we've scored you hear sod all coming from the Park End thesedays.

It's no wonder we tend to be utter garbage when attacking that end.

If the Gwladys Street isn't making any noise the ground is completely silent.

The atmosphere has affected my retirement intentions. I was going to sell up here in NZ and retire to Merseyside...buy a new apartment near the new stadium and mono-rail, moor a sail boat in the new marina, and maybe even meet a sexy scouse lady and start a new family.
But I'm not going to bother with any of that if the atmosphere at the new stadium is crap.
I guess I'll just have to resort to plan b: stay in NZ and start an avocado orchard...

Away fans are not wrong when they sing ‘is this a library’ people around me stand up for Z cars and that’s their contribution to the atmosphere.. they don’t even voice their opinion to a decision, nothing.

I was only joking mate.

I know a lot of people make sacrifices both financially and from a time perspective to go the game. Not everyone can go to every game, for a variety of reasons. Some people go the game and sing their heart out whether it's an FA Cup Final or Watford at home on a cold Monday night. Others don't and only get caught up and contribute when the atmosphere is already there.

That's all fine. I've probably been in both camps during my match going days.

The reason I picked on your post is the irony of someone complaining about the atmosphere when they were watching it on the TV. Like I said, it was tongue in cheek. No offence intended.

Sorry, I am a bit wound up. Thanks for apologising.

I know we were not great yesterday but after Rico scored, we got a bit of 'He's Brazilian' but then it petered out, and that was it.

I just don't get why as a fanbase we are not happy/encouraged by what we are seeing and that in turn causes singing.

Definitely the quietest this season yet we could have gone 6th.

I'll still watch the games on telly. I haven't given it a lot of thought but I was thinking I might sponsor a 'fan of the day' competition : the loudest Evertonian 'going the game' wins a tray of my home grown, organic avocados.

Status
Not open for further replies.