The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The safe standing thing needs to come in as soon as possible, preferably sections at both ends - put together the people who haven't become completely apathetic towards the game together.

I'm not saying that the football doesn't have something to do with it as I'm sure more fans would get off their feet if we were challenging in Europe or competing for the title or whatever but from a personal standpoint as someone who has a season ticket in the Park End the reason I'm less excited about going the match now is that you know beforehand that the atmosphere is going to be embarrassing.

Sorry, I am a bit wound up. Thanks for apologising.

I know we were not great yesterday but after Rico scored, we got a bit of 'He's Brazilian' but then it petered out, and that was it.

I just don't get why as a fanbase we are not happy/encouraged by what we are seeing and that in turn causes singing.

Definitely the quietest this season yet we could have gone 6th.

The other aspect of this is that the TV doesn't always convey the level or balance of noise at a game.

Been to games were I've thought it's loud and the away supporters are quiet. Watch the game on a re-run when you get home and it sounds like San Lorenzo's ultras turning up for an away game.

You also meet mates after the game who've sat in different parts of the stadium and the experience can be quite different. Acoustics aren't brilliant so noise doesn't travel well.

In saying all that, when it's loud, everyone knows it's loud.

I'll still watch the games on telly. I haven't given it a lot of thought but I was thinking I might sponsor a 'fan of the day' competition : the loudest Evertonian 'going the game' wins a tray of my home grown, organic avocados.

This sounds like a great way to get fans to make some noise at the games.

Out of interest would this tray of homegrown, organic avocados by ready to eat or ripen at home. A mixture would be good. Hard to eat a full tray of avocados in a day or 2 unless you are a massive fan of guacamole. Having some that ripen over the intervening week would make a lot of sense.

The crowd were much better when we were classed as the underdogs, dot behind the team from the first kick..

Now evertonians are expectant, spent loads of dosh, and should be sweeping aside teams like Watford but can't..
We are not Man City, we simply don't brush teams aside and haven't for a very long time. To expect such things already is laughable. More realistic expectations and you might not fume so much

This sounds like a great way to get fans to make some noise at the games.

Out of interest would this tray of homegrown, organic avocados by ready to eat or ripen at home. A mixture would be good. Hard to eat a full tray of avocados in a day or 2 unless you are a massive fan of guacamole. Having some that ripen over the intervening week would make a lot of sense.
...you've raised very salient points for consideration. My avocado sponsorship idea is still in its nascency so exact details have yet to be firmed up (pun intended). I'm liking your idea of having a mixture of ripeness though. I suggest that if 'go the game' fans know their avocado prize is going to last a while, they will cheer even louder.

Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail subtly indicating racism at the match last night.

I hate these obnoxious journalists who have no background to the game.

The players and the crowd are a symbiotic relationship. One had to feed the other. When was the last time the players gave Goodison anything?

0_tweet2.jpg

At about quarter past 8 yesterday when we took the lead with a well constructed team move mate.

Isn’t that the bare minimum that teams should give their home fans. Do they expect absolute raptures in the fan base for scoring a goal at home against a mid table team?

Status
Not open for further replies.