The Croatian situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know what kicked it all off? I read on twitter the Croatian papers have blamed us for throwing coins and bottles and taunting thier fans.
This is what I saw (I was sat on one of the front rows of the Park End by them);- they were all standing on the seats in the Lower Bullens, and they were all being orchestrated by three fellas at the front who must be professional [Poor language removed] orchestrators as they never saw a ball kicked. When Mirallas came over to take a corner, they threw a lighter at him. The Park End gave them some grief over it so they threw some coins and (full) plastic bottles at us. Everton then scored, which meant that we all celebrated. It was after that when lots of things started coming over. One of the kids who sits in front of me (about 15) was hit on the head by a coin and was in some pain. His mam went ballistic of course, but as she was taking him out the Split fans started laughing. That in turn upset us in that corner, so when we went two up we celebrated a bit more than normal. They couldn't take that and tore their flags down to come for us. The stewards and coppers did a great job in holding them back, but I got a clear impression that if they had got into the Park End they may have regretted their decision. Despite me saying the coppers and stewards did a great job, they were semi culpable by letting the Croats stand on the seats. They don't let the mancs or the Kopites do it so why these? As others have said on this thread, it was nothing compared to the 80s, but thankfully we are past that nowadays. The young lad was okay in the end, so that was good.

A bloke I know is in Split and was out watching the match at the time. All of the local people who he was speaking to were saying that the fans at Goodison were nothing to do with them. I suppose it depends on who he was talking to though.

So normal people cant go to an away game to watch their team for fear of being beaten up. Pathetic.

Ban them all. Collective punishment, just like the English teams got.

Horrible, racist, bigoted clubs anyway.

Bit disrespectful comparing with an incident that killed 39 people and injured 400-600 people. Uefa rules are clear; they can get thrown out of the EL or something similar when they take it too far, see Feyenoord in recent years, or the conditional suspensions of Besiktas and Lyon et al.

From what i seen the croatian fans behaviour was disgusting but there were a few lads in park end fuelling the fire...i seen one lad stood on advertising hoardings for about 5 mins goading them. I dont agree with their behaviour one bit but i personally didnt think we helped the situation either.

If you think yesterday was bad behaviour, you probably should spare yourself the grief of going to our gaff :D
Nothing special happened for Croatian standards, nobody will be seeing this as a 'result'. Nor will tensions be any higher than.they would.have.been if it hadnt happened.
As far as a pitch invasion goes, that would.mean us kicked out for good, and the top lads know.this so were trying to stop people from going in, that was also the fighting you saw.between ourselves. Had they decided to kick off instead, it would have been really, really ugly

A bloke I know is in Split and was out watching the match at the time. All of the local people who he was speaking to were saying that the fans at Goodison were nothing to do with them. I suppose it depends on who he was talking to though.

Chelsea Fans, in disguise, out making trouble again as always.

From what i seen the croatian fans behaviour was disgusting but there were a few lads in park end fuelling the fire...i seen one lad stood on advertising hoardings for about 5 mins goading them. I dont agree with their behaviour one bit but i personally didnt think we helped the situation either.
It always takes two to tango, apparently coins and lighters were thrown on the Torcida too, but nobody knows who started. Could have easily been us, but maybe not... Who knows

If you think yesterday was bad behaviour, you probably should spare yourself the grief of going to our gaff :D
Nothing special happened for Croatian standards, nobody will be seeing this as a 'result'. Nor will tensions be any higher than.they would.have.been if it hadnt happened.
As far as a pitch invasion goes, that would.mean us kicked out for good, and the top lads know.this so were trying to stop people from going in, that was also the fighting you saw.between ourselves. Had they decided to kick off instead, it would have been really, really ugly
GTF off the forum you spineless bellend.

It always takes two to tango, apparently coins and lighters were thrown on the Torcida too, but nobody knows who started. Could have easily been us, but maybe not... Who knows

Let's evaluate the possibilities:
A group of renowned "ultras" bouncing up and down on seats and not even watching the game, and known for violence

Or

A bunch of young kids, parents and the odd single loon ball.

The torcida acted all hard but our fat overweight stewards piped them right down

A threat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.