The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't recall shooting you down to be honest lol

The idea has meritsexcept the amount that needs raising is so huge - as I have said before probably £500 million to buy clib, pay off debt, new stadium and invest in team/pay wages.

500M? would new owners not take over the debt and this be factored into the buying price? Also, that I am guessing is based on us having an all singing and all dancing state of the art new stadium?

I appreciate you are not quoting accurate figures BTW.

I know I'm doing this:
giphy.gif

But you cannot give fans a taste of CL football, coming as close as we did in 13/14 and then DO NOTHING. We have done nothing to push this team forward and I can't help but blame the board for this. The excuses, the nonsensical reports. When does this end? They need to go and fast. Moyes was a good soldier for them and didn't make noise. But we have Roberto saying he wanted to add 4+ players to the squad and what has happened?

I know Roberto is a divisive figure on here. Personally, I'd rather have him than some of the flotsam out there in unemployment land. But guess what? We're not bringing in a top class manager here with this board anyway. No manager is going to come here with this gang of shysters sitting on the board. Roberto saw this team as a more talented wigan with a bit more cash. I'd like to see Roberto get to build his ideal team. And if it's not working out you bin him.

This team has an extremely young and talented core. And what are we doing with it? We're p*ss*ng it away.

This club will mire between 7th and 15th with this board in place.

It's not just Kenwright.

The Board needs to go.

Now.

500M? would new owners not take over the debt and this be factored into the buying price? Also, that I am guessing is based on us having an all singing and all dancing state of the art new stadium?

I appreciate you are not quoting accurate figures BTW.

Hopefully fairly accurate!

£150 million equity and debt
£200 - 250 million stadium
£100 - 150 million team/wages/working capital

Hopefully fairly accurate!

£150 million equity and debt
£200 - 250 million stadium
£100 - 150 million team/wages/working capital

The debt is thought to be how much at present?

Don't the wages and working capital come from cash flow so to speak? Balanced against incomings from TV and revenue generated.

Hope these aren't daft questions, I just imagined that of a buyer wanted the club, their only initial outlay would to agree to buy the shares of the owners at X agreed price?

Don't recall shooting you down to be honest lol

The idea has meritsexcept the amount that needs raising is so huge - as I have said before probably £500 million to buy clib, pay off debt, new stadium and invest in team/pay wages.
Pretty much that!!

I guessed it was your good self as I know you're up on your financials.. Maybe it was woolly..

Don't the wages and working capital come from cash flow so to speak? Balanced against incomings from TV and revenue generated.

Hope these aren't daft questions, I just imagined that of a buyer wanted the club, their only initial outlay would to agree to buy the shares of the owners at X agreed price?

Not daft questions at all mate.

Long term debt around £20 million, currently paying 7.7%

Short term debt will depend on transfer activity but I am assuming zero as cash reserves may now cover this.

Equity £125 million.

The theoretical new owners could stop there but then the club is in no better position than it is now, just new owners.

The model of growing out of income means we will always be playing catch up with teams that have greater income and/or capital, hence me saying we need the additional capital up front to catch up after years of under investment.

as at may 2014 ...49mio. 27mio of that matured within one year (ie june 2014-May 2015). Whether this was refinanced, or paid off ,or a combo of the two we will see when the accounts are revealed. The transfer activity spend between now and window closure might well provide strong hints.
Operating cash flows sustain working capital demands. But an equity injection is required (imo) to overcome the inertia of our balance sheet. Operating income is bogged down (ie 'heavy' inertia) and somehow we need to overcome it (equity injection of 75ish mio??)and let Newton's first law of motion take effect (metaphorically speaking)

If/when the fans buy the club, first step should be to permanently ban Kenwright from Goodison.

Then open up a truth and reconciliation inquiry where people like Gregg, Wyness, Birch and Ross are encouraged to come forward and speak on the record about what they know about the mismanagement of Everton FC, as we call time on their pay off gagging orders.

as at may 2014 ...49mio. 27mio of that matured within one year (ie june 2014-May 2015). Whether this was refinanced, or paid off ,or a combo of the two we will see when the accounts are revealed. The transfer activity spend between now and window closure might well provide strong hints.
Operating cash flows sustain working capital demands. But an equity injection is required (imo) to overcome the inertia of our balance sheet. Operating income is bogged down (ie 'heavy' inertia) and somehow we need to overcome it (equity injection of 75ish mio??)and let Newton's first law of motion take effect (metaphorically speaking)

It was paid off when the broadcasting revenues were received, and a further advance was agreed in September 2014. (The club also had roughly 20 million in cash at 31 May 2014 - dont have accounts to hand). As you state it will only be when the accounts ending May 2015 are published will we know the short term debt position.

It was paid off when the broadcasting revenues were received, and a further advance was agreed in September 2014. (The club also had roughly 20 million in cash at 31 May 2014 - dont have accounts to hand). As you state it will only be when the accounts ending May 2015 are published will we know the short term debt position.
...yes mate, I am looking forward to sighting the 2015's

Talksport doing a thing on our lack of spending at 9. If anyone's arsed.

A lot of the presenters on Talk Sport can see Martinez for what he is, but man of them are a bit clueless about the board. I do listen to the station quite a bit but am giving this a wide berth because i fully expect them to come out with all kinds of nonsense such as selling Stones would be the best for us to get some players in...etc and not see things from our point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.