The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the presenters on Talk Sport can see Martinez for what he is, but man of them are a bit clueless about the board. I do listen to the station quite a bit but am giving this a wide berth because i fully expect them to come out with all kinds of nonsense such as selling Stones would be the best for us to get some players in...etc and not see things from our point of view.

Think I'll check it out. Collymore tweeting he's trying to get Kenwright on the phone, as well.

Missing out to Stoke eh on Shaqiri? Nice one (not that we know if he'll deliver but, you know.. STOKE FECKING CITY? One good season and then we're being outbid for an established international.

Southall making some good points on twitter...
Basically saying what I think the board should do. Tell us what the way forward. If they are saving for a stadium let the fans know and show concrete plans and I would support it. We all know we can't move forward without one but the fear is a stadium is a smokescreen and in another 5 years of no investment we will also be no further along regarding the stadium.

It was paid off when the broadcasting revenues were received, and a further advance was agreed in September 2014. (The club also had roughly 20 million in cash at 31 May 2014 - dont have accounts to hand). As you state it will only be when the accounts ending May 2015 are published will we know the short term debt position.
Isn't the short term debt immaterial. It's like running your overdraft to it's limit every month before you get your paycheck. It doesn't really effect anything except our ability to borrow more money and cost 10% a year for no real reason.

It's certainly not good but it shouldn't be used as a reason for not getting transfers. We still have the same amount to spend as any other club unless they either get more investment or get into more debt.

The board can't come out and tell us their plans moving forward because they don't have any. Take out tv, player sales and match day ticket sales and we turnover about 13m.

13 million...

We must make a wedge compared to some clubs. We have full houses every week in one of the bigger grounds for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.