The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I want rid of the Board as much as the next person, but what do people think happens if Bill actually steps down, if he does Robert Earl probably steps in and then he would bring new meaning to the word firesale.

His little head would explode knowing he could make 100m+ in 5minutes by selling Lukaku, Stones, Coleman and Barkley.

Errr I'm not the only one secretly hoping bill carks it soon or gets really I'll soon am I?

Quite possibly, you utter weapon... 'hopefully' you're just trolling because if not that's the cringiest thing I've ever seen someone say on here.

Sad to hear that about Colin but totally understand how tiresome and draining it can be. It is after all pretty much the same message for a decade or longer.

@BirkenheadBlue makes a good point that it's very difficult for supporters to affect a PL clubs direction these days. The best way for me is to withdraw financial and physical support; don't buy anything, don't attend. That approach isn't endorsed even in the BU and is one I can only see ending in failure. The other way for supporters to vent anger is visual/vocal displays at the match and this seems the only way forward presently (and even this splits the fanbase).
Even the withholding of financial support is difficult. With the vast quantities of money coming into the Premier League these days (and only set to explode even more next season, with £100m for the 20th placed team) - most clubs could operate with empty stadia every week, and it make relatively little financial difference.

And as for not buying anything - well as we've seen extensively documented, the Kitbag deal means that even if all merchandise sales ceased tomorrow, it'd make little difference to the money the club made from it.

Regardless of how anyone views Bill, that's an appalling comment.

Permanent ban
Nicely done. Absolutely no need for that kind of comment.

I want rid of the Board as much as the next person, but what do people think happens if Bill actually steps down, if he does Robert Earl probably steps in and then he would bring new meaning to the word firesale.

His little head would explode knowing he could make 100m+ in 5minutes by selling Lukaku, Stones, Coleman and Barkley.

True this, some fans are a bit delusional when it comes to getting rid of this board and what will happen to Everton. For a start we need someone to come in who will take us forward, not just take us over, there is a huge difference.

Even the withholding of financial support is difficult. With the vast quantities of money coming into the Premier League these days (and only set to explode even more next season, with £100m for the 20th placed team) - most clubs could operate with empty stadia every week, and it make relatively little financial difference.

And as for not buying anything - well as we've seen extensively documented, the Kitbag deal means that even if all merchandise sales ceased tomorrow, it'd make little difference to the money the club made from it.

Exactly right. May impact on future negotiations but won't do much other than that.

It's basically an ace time to be in control of a PL club.

If Bill and Man With No Voice sell their shares, Earl will become a minority shareholder with no say in any of the financials such as our policy on repeat loans from Vibrac, or how the escalation of other operating costs is managed.

Who is going to buy?
If I'm a rich sheik or oligarch I'd be looking at west ham with their free stadium for investment to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.