The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want rid of the Board as much as the next person, but what do people think happens if Bill actually steps down, if he does Robert Earl probably steps in and then he would bring new meaning to the word firesale.

His little head would explode knowing he could make 100m+ in 5minutes by selling Lukaku, Stones, Coleman and Barkley.

But the self styled biggest Evertonian in the world wouldn't sell up to somebody without the clubs interests in heart would he? Would he?

If Bill and Man With No Voice sell their shares, Earl will become a minority shareholder with no say in any of the financials such as our policy on repeat loans from Vibrac, or how the escalation of other operating costs is managed.

Cant say I know business, but surely if the 2 biggest shareholders stepped down Earl would be the only option for chairman?

Cant say I know business, but surely if the 2 biggest shareholders stepped down Earl would be the only option for chairman?

No, business owners generally appoint a board of directors, one of who is the chairman.

For example Bruce Buck is the Chelsea chairman and Chips Kenwick of Arsenal despite only owning a handful (or no) shares.

I expect when Bill is unable to continue we'll be sold on to the highest bidder.

Radical suggestion: let's become the Barcelona of the EPL and make the team owned by the supporters, who in turn elect a president.

I can contribute a few bucks... Shares go for, what, £1,500 or so? :)

I want rid of the Board as much as the next person, but what do people think happens if Bill actually steps down, if he does Robert Earl probably steps in and then he would bring new meaning to the word firesale.

His little head would explode knowing he could make 100m+ in 5minutes by selling Lukaku, Stones, Coleman and Barkley.
Liverpool were close to administration but it brought the club down to a price that someone with ambition could move in.

I've been against this for a long time because I recognized the dangers but the fact remains we are suffering a slow death. Something has to change.

Radical suggestion: let's become the Barcelona of the EPL and make the team owned by the supporters, who in turn elect a president.

I read an article on that. It would require everyone who goes to the game to buy shares worth £3,000. Pretty tough ask in this climate.

We'd need 15,000 people with £10k each just to buy the club. Or similar multiples. Any way£150m to buy. Then much more to work with. I don't think it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.