The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points regarding the Kitbag deal, we were a different club when it was signed, a vastly different club.

Hand to mouth, we NEEDED to know how much we would have every year, we needed guaranteed income to keep the wolves from the door.

8 years later and the game is awash with money, we have a new owner willing to "invest" his own money.

Its too far down the line to "start all over again", let it run its course and then im sure there will be a plan going forward.
I think it will be outsourced again but possibly split between retail and online.
Not possible to drill down the figures, but if retail makes say 20% net profit, you need to shift 15 mil (excluding VAT) of gear to get the basic 3 mil that they pay us. Some shirts that mate.
I know that the above is simplistic, but gives you an idea of the magnitude of the task.

I think it will be outsourced again but possibly split between retail and online.
Not possible to drill down the figures, but if retail makes say 20% net profit, you need to shift 15 mil (excluding VAT) of gear to get the basic 3 mil that they pay us. Some shirts that mate.
I know that the above is simplistic, but gives you an idea of the magnitude of the task.

Its often thought it was a bad deal and to some degree it is, the desire to pick up a shirt in a sports shop is strong, not just for the people in this country, but very much overseas, but as you say, from a business POV, it makes some sense.

Its often thought it was a bad deal and to some degree it is, the desire to pick up a shirt in a sports shop is strong, not just for the people in this country, but very much overseas, but as you say, from a business POV, it makes some sense.
There is no finding anything Everton related in the shops here. It all has to come from the online store where you pay an arm and a leg in duties and taxes as well as shipping.

I would imagine it to be structured by geographical area, so different distributor/partner for the major markets with online either being retained by Fanatics/similar or possibly brought in house - how hard can it be brokering a deal with a carrier/renting a warehouse/employing pickers and of course buying direct from manufacturer?
Probably being stupid here though.

Edit. Internet sales within UK at least stay with distributor.

I think we will know by the end of July where we are at.If no big money signings arrive by then i can see another desperate end of window scramble to get signings in ala last summer.

I think we will know by the end of July where we are at.If no big money signings arrive by then i can see another desperate end of window scramble to get signings in ala last summer.

Going on past history this is nailed on. There would have to be a huge shift from the past dealings of club over the last 20 years to make you think this summer will be any different

Last edited:
@MorgsGoat
Just found something that reckons our average shirt sales from 2011 to 2016 was 80k.
Admittedly this came from Talksport and presumably excludes all merchandise except replica kit, but if you averaged it at 30 +vat per shirt then the turnover is 600k less than Fanatics guarantee. The next lowest was Spurs at 236k.
Should we all pledge to become FKWs to aid the club?
Your leadership is required like never before.

@MorgsGoat
Just found something that reckons our average shirt sales from 2011 to 2016 was 80k.
Admittedly this came from Talksport and presumably excludes all merchandise except replica kit, but if you averaged it at 30 +vat per shirt then the turnover is 600k less than Fanatics guarantee. The next lowest was Spurs at 236k.
Should we all pledge to become FKWs to aid the club?
Your leadership is required like never before.

I still havent recovered from the time I said the girls could get that pink kit, 3 full kits and a training top for myself, we had to eat beans that month. I still do my bit, try and get a training top and a kit for the boy once a year, thankfully the girls hate football with a passion, *phew*.

Oh but with regards to remain on topic, it could be argued that we would sell vastly more shirts if people were actually able to buy them at an affordable price without massive taxes and P & P.

Agree, but the whole idea that we can take it all in-house is not realistic- would still have to have distribution deals in the UK and worldwide. Sports Direct anyone?
Setting up the disribution deals would take a bit of setting up but the assortment is not very wide. A couple of decent sized agreements with Sports Direct and others would significantly increase the revenue.

20% net would be a highest figure for clothing retailing, with cost of mark down for clearing each seasons markdown being a big factor.

Oh but with regards to remain on topic, it could be argued that we would sell vastly more shirts if people were actually able to buy them at an affordable price without massive taxes and P & P.
Undoubtedly, but would we be acting as wholesaler to the "distribution partners", would it be sale or return, what is the landed cost to the various countries.
I think it could make decent money, but this is Everton...

20% net would be a highest figure for clothing retailing, with cost of mark down for clearing each seasons markdown being a big factor.
Just a simple number-cruncher with no experience in clothes retail so plucked an easy number to deal with to be honest.
I imagine that the landed cost per item will vary substantially from country to country as well.
Take it you have insight in this area, so feel free to give us the benefit please.

Status
Not open for further replies.