The Everton Board Thread 2015/16 [ Not takeover related ]

Is it time for change?

• I'm happy with the way thing are. Kenwright and the Board should stay.

Votes: 75 10.2%
  • Kenwright and the board need to go. We need change.

Votes: 558 76.2%
  • I'm indifferent. Can't decide.

Votes: 99 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on @the esk

Everyone disagrees. It's the reason why companies setup as "the 3 amigos" with 3 or more people all making the decisions are doomed to failure. Every disagreement and there will be them just breeds resentment and eventually it would split it a part.

No, it's the reason companies have mission statements, vision and values. These things are strategic and not some piece of marketing spiel.

I think the boards only interested in maintaining our premiership status, no other ambition otherwise.
In a nutshell, this is my biggest problem with the board. Where is the strategy and vision for the next 1, 2, 5, 10 years? Instead of BS announcements about new stadia, where is the delivery. In the meantime, GP is being left to fall further behind our competitors.

What we really need is the appointment of a truly capable chief executive who can maximise the club's earnings potential. No one is asking for a billionaire.

No, it's the reason companies have mission statements, vision and values. These things are strategic and not some piece of marketing spiel.
I know that but we are talking about board room level discussions not things that are that broad. There are people who say the board don't even meet. I think Elstone pretty much runs the club. The board are involved to the level most boards are but they aren't micro-managing down to the level being suggested.

I'm not sure where Bill fits into all this but I would guess both Elstone and Martinez who are roughly on the same level but work different areas answer to him. In other words Bill gets the final approval but just like Martinez is in control of the footballing matters and we don't suggest Bill is picking the team, Elstone is in control of the commercial and infrastructure areas.

That's just the most obvious way for things to be run and the way it also looks from the outside. Does it really matter anyway?

Not this again.....
I agree. It's a pointless argument and ultimately no one really knows how the board works and frankly as I said does it even matter.

I thought you spoke well. I heard your bit but couldn't hear the rest. Did anyone get any answers to why we haven't spent in this window. Are they paying off debt or saving for a stadium?

Did they provide any answers to these questions about what their plans are to take us forward?

I think the boards only interested in maintaining our premiership status, no other ambition otherwise.
I think you are close to the mark here. I cut the board slack the past few years as operating losses manifested themselves unkindly in negative shareholders equity. Prudent purchases/scouting and sales were actually less one off items and more, by necessity, recurring operating-like incomes!!!. Moyes was very, very good at this ...kudos to him.
But the massive increase in TV monies has changed the landscape. The shareholders deficit is or will this season be a small negative after years
of big deficit. And the income streams are guaranteed for 4 years!
Now is the time to 'leverage' off the 'comfort' of guaranteed revenue growth (which by itself is like taking a knife into a gun fight in the investment arena). Time for the shareholders to put up (capital injection)...or get out. And if they do neither,...REVOLUTION

The lot of you are like my kids. Give you money, and you'd spend it on sweats, rather than a good book.

And yes, I could stop them, but I'm a bad parent.

I remember when I was a youngster in the boys pen with my mates singing YNWA and dreaming of the day Id be mates with a war criminal oligarchy so powerful that id have to cry. Koff Bill ya massive whopper and take the rest of them with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.