Everton v Portsmouth. (Saturday, 30 August ,3.00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also credit to portsmouth - they played great tactics, using Crouch to bring the ball down upfront - constantly keeping 2 players on yakubu, not letting them move.

yep 3 center backs and 2 wing backs.

if it works for them , would it work for us ?
(ive said for ages id like to see us play 532.)

This is real life football, mate. It takes time to create the habit of a new formation. It's not as easy as it is in FM2008.

Do we have the players to play 352? Can the full backs we have go forward and put in decent crosses? If not, what's the point of having wing backs to give width to the team if they can't cross or if we don't have any sort of aerial power upfront?

It's not easy, mate.

Also credit to portsmouth - they played great tactics, using Crouch to bring the ball down upfront - constantly keeping 2 players on yakubu, not letting them move.

I was immense impressed with Portsmouth tactics, 3 Big Strong CBs 2 overlapping Wingbacks, a big lanky streak of piss and a darting little goal poacher, topped off with hungry and skillful midfielders. Perfect tactics, i hate Big Jowls, but i love that tactic and i honestly think it could work for us.

Howard GK
Jags,Yobo,Lescott CB
Baines,Jacobsen LWB,RWB
Castillo DM
Osman,Arteta CM
Cahill AM
Yak ST

And to the surprise of absolutly no one we are first on match of the day :

MOTD RUNNING ORDER*
Everton v Portsmouth
Hull v Wigan
West Ham v Blackburn
Arsenal v Newcastle
Middlesbrough v Stoke
Bolton v West Brom

How the [Poor language removed] do they get away with being so biased, its a complete joke.

A woeful abject performance worthy of relegation and not a team with hopes of a top 6 finish. No-one had a good game although at least the Yak tried.

Howard - 4 At fault for the 1st and beaten with a cheeky lob for the 3rd. Average at best

Neville - 4 Cant defend, cant....Ah [Poor language removed] it, its been said a million times
Lescott - 5 Not a centre half and should revert back to the position he is best at
Yobo - 7 Didnt do bad and was close to mom
Baines - 4 (Average), will give him a 6 for getting a few decent crosses in but a 2 for yet more woeful defending! Get rid now

Arteta - 5 Below par performance
Jag - 2 Not a personal attack on him, he just cant play centre mid
Rodwell - 7 Thought he had a decent game
Ossie - 5 Yet another who had a below par performance

Vaughan - 6 For trying but seems to have lost a yard of pace and his strength, should have scored as well
Yak - 7, Would be higher but for the pen miss. Willing runner and dropped back to get the ball when the service was woeful

A woeful abject performance worthy of relegation and not a team with hopes of a top 6 finish. No-one had a good game although at least the Yak tried.

Howard - 4 At fault for the 1st and beaten with a cheeky lob for the 3rd. Average at best

Neville - 4 Cant defend, cant....Ah [Poor language removed] it, its been said a million times
Lescott - 5 Not a centre half and should revert back to the position he is best at
Yobo - 7 Didnt do bad and was close to mom
Baines - 4 (Average), will give him a 6 for getting a few decent crosses in but a 2 for yet more woeful defending! Get rid now

Arteta - 5 Below par performance
Jag - 2 Not a personal attack on him, he just cant play centre mid
Rodwell - 7 Thought he had a decent game
Ossie - 5 Yet another who had a below par performance

Vaughan - 6 For trying but seems to have lost a yard of pace and his strength, should have scored as well
Yak - 7, Would be higher but for the pen miss. Willing runner and dropped back to get the ball when the service was woeful

Thought he was one of the better players, got a good run in the box n stuff, agree with teh rest ;)

Thought Neville was poor to be honest, he's definatly not a captain. Baines was hit and miss, Rodwell and Yakubu played well, Yobo was good, Arteta did [Poor language removed] all and Vaughan was decent but far from ready.

Thought Neville was poor to be honest, he's definatly not a captain. Baines was hit and miss, Rodwell and Yakubu played well, Yobo was good, Arteta did [Poor language removed] all and Vaughan was decent but far from ready.

Arteta was marked closely, and every everton player relied on him to do the impossible, and get past their whole defence.

Arteta was marked closely, and every everton player relied on him to do the impossible, and get past their whole defence.

He hid and stuck to the touchline, his movement was terrible. He's our main play maker, he should demand the ball.

I blame Moyes aswell, he should move him to different positions so he can see more of the ball.

He wouldve been really usefull in hte center today...

Agreed or even on the left where most of our play was coming from. He's been wasted in every game so far, he should only play on the right when we have someone who can bring him into the game with there passing (Osman/Fernandes/Moutinho) etc.

If we've got a woeful midfield he should play in the middle or on the left.

At least we now have a break, which will allow the new players to settle in (I still think we'll get Moutinho and/or M'bia as well) and our next two games are against Stoke and Hull. Six points from those games and we'll be back on track with much-needed fresh blood. If we are going to have a blip it's best to have it now - after all, even if we are in the bottom three, we are still only three points from top! I'm depressed after two home defeats but I'm not panicking ;)

Just got in and seen result (or lack of) - wasn't expecting that:eek:

Stats read though: 19 goal attempts / 57% possession for us...obviously we're lacking quality players/numbers, but was it just one of those days I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.