Everton v Portsmouth. (Saturday, 30 August ,3.00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked lazy at first because he was unfit. He worked hard when he got himself fit though, he used to put a shift in anyway.

His problem had no ability whatsoever, he's found his level in the Championship.

Looked lazy to me, obviously people have differing views on what is lazy

Ok, sorry i edited my post, cos for some reason i thought we was talking about the Yak. :D

But Beattie gave everything, he even jumped for headers, how many of our strikers do that? Apart from Vaughan. I think when he 1st came he was alright, but for 1 reason or another he lost his way, maybe he was limited and got found out, i dunno, average yes, lazy no.

Last edited:
Beattie wasnt lazy, slow yes, but he gave his all, and thats why the fans got behind him at the match right up until he left, even tough so many people complained about him on forums.

While we are on the subject of Beattie, his problem was not just that he lacked the cutting edge. It was that he knew it himself. That's why he trained so hard, thats why he tried so hard, but fundamentally he was a late 80's early 90's type of striker and the game moved on and he could not keep up.

He worked his ass off, but the game was faster than him and it made him look lazy. Big heart, Huge work ethic, limited potential.

While we are on the subject of Beattie, his problem was not just that he lacked the cutting edge. It was that he knew it himself. That's why he trained so hard, thats why he tried so hard, but fundamentally he was a late 80's early 90's type of striker and the game moved on and he could not keep up.

He worked his ass off, but the game was faster than him and it made him look lazy. Big heart, Huge work ethic, limited potential.

Dont even think it was potential, he was a good goal scorer for us, we saw that before johnson signed, having long shots, skillful shots etc...But like johnson did this season with Yakubu, Beattie lost confidence with Johnson coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.