Everton v Portsmouth. (Saturday, 30 August ,3.00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...just wondering - did anyone feel slightly depressed at half time when we were 2-0 down and that music off teh dixie dean advert was playing? :(

TB, what are you saying? moyeses tactics are always spot on!! how dare you surgest that our one and only play maker come inside and demand the ball!!
some people on this forum would hang you for this

Big kick in the arse all round.

Moyes and we all know we've been playing awful, and it took a decent side to roll right past us. Did he change anything or seem to havent learnt anything from those games? No.

2 week break now. Cahill could be ready and we should have signings. Not all doom and gloom compared to Spurs but we need to shape up big time. Put players inthe best positions and start improving from last year.

I'm a bit pissed off with people saying lescott can't play at centre half:mad:that's what we bought him for, and ok he did brilliant at LB last season but defensive partnerships need time to gel like striking ones, i agree that he should be playing LB now as clearly Jags is not the answer in cent mid. - But long term I'm sure DM sees him at cent back and he is right to do so.

As for today I thought Lescott out muscled Crouch for most of the game, all I saw crouch do was moan! I didn't think we were that bad def didn't deserve to lose 3-0

I think we need to break the bank to get a top class cent mid player in, why we haven't managed to sign one already is another matter:oops:

I'm a bit pissed off with people saying lescott can't play at centre half:mad:that's what we bought him for, and ok he did brilliant at LB last season but defensive partnerships need time to gel like striking ones, i agree that he should be playing LB now as clearly Jags is not the answer in cent mid. - But long term I'm sure DM sees him at cent back and he is right to do so.

As for today I thought Lescott out muscled Crouch for most of the game, all I saw crouch do was moan! I didn't think we were that bad def didn't deserve to lose 3-0

I think we need to break the bank to get a top class cent mid player in, why we haven't managed to sign one already is another matter:oops:

He's our best left back and he's a better left back than he is a centre half, that is clear for everyone to see.

It's all about balance, as much as I like Baines he doesn't fit into that. Neville-Yobo-Jagielka-Lescott is the best way to go.

Never went, and glad I didn't as I would have been out of pocket to the tune of a two hundred quid. Money I would have spent, and money I have earned by not going.

Anyway, I listened to the game and it sounded like we were lacking soul. No leader, Artera having another one of his stinkers. Lescott and Yobo not looking the partnership we need.

So this is what I have deduced. We need a player to take over from Arteta. When he is having a bad game, the team suffer. We need another player to take over, Osman isn't that man, and I'm not 100% convinced Pienaar is either.

We also need to move Jags back into the centre half position and move Lescott out wide, not sure what this means for Baines, although from the radio it sounded like he had a decent game.

Also why did we sign a right back, and why did Moyes say this will allow him to play Neville in midfield, and then leave him on the bench? Why can't Moyes sign a player, and then [Poor language removed] play him. Just don't get it at all.

Is it just me who on watchign MOTD blames Lescott for all 3 goals?

He was marking Defoe for the first one - which he really shouldnt have let him have teh shot - although admitedly i thought Rodwell couldve done something.

Although Baines was marking the guy for hte second, we do zonal marking, and Lescott was behind on catching the player up, and shouldve been ready, in position.

And he was marking crouch and shouldve followed him until the ball went out or in the net.

Well I refuse to watch Everton when they lose like this. But from what I have seen in the other games and what I have read. A spell on the sidelines is in order for Mr Lescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.