Everton v Portsmouth. (Saturday, 30 August ,3.00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottoffee

Player Valuation: £10m
Optimistic for Saturday.

So looks like Krancjar's out for 3 months, was wondering where he was for their match with Utd.

Has to be a good thing, no Muntari, no Krancjar = no creativity in their midfield.

Last weekend they played 3 defensive midfielders (including Sean Davis on the right wing!) and a Championship level winger in Jerome Thomas.

Kaboul's nothing but a liability at the back and if he's at left-back again, Arteta's going to rip him to shreds, with Crouch being more than a little predictable and Defoe having a first touch like an electric fence, I'm confident that the lads can do well - new signings or not.

So looks like Krancjar's out for 3 months, was wondering where he was for their match with Utd.

Has to be a good thing, no Muntari, no Krancjar = no creativity in their midfield.

Last weekend they played 3 defensive midfielders (including Sean Davis on the right wing!) and a Championship level winger in Jerome Thomas.

Kaboul's nothing but a liability at the back and if he's at left-back again, Arteta's going to rip him to shreds, with Crouch being more than a little predictable and Defoe having a first touch like an electric fence, I'm confident that the lads can do well - new signings or not.

they can still give us a game tho mate

Gave Manure a good run for their money the other night, just didn't make anything clear cut.

Given the fact we've got a massive hole in the middle of the park, we aint gonna see much of the ball. Crouch and Defoe will be a handful for our defence. And we've only got the Yak strong enough to have a go at their defence who are build like brick shithouses. Ossie will get knocked off the ball and have stinker. Jags will dissappear. Rodwell will try his best.

Not looking forward to it. At. All.

Would like to see --

Howard
Neville Yobo Jags Lescott
Osman Arteta Rodwell Baines
Yak Baxter/Vaughan/Anichebe

Gave Manure a good run for their money the other night, just didn't make anything clear cut.

Given the fact we've got a massive hole in the middle of the park, we aint gonna see much of the ball. Crouch and Defoe will be a handful for our defence. And we've only got the Yak strong enough to have a go at their defence who are build like brick shithouses. Ossie will get knocked off the ball and have stinker. Jags will dissappear. Rodwell will try his best.

Would like to see --

Howard

vaughan might worry them at the back and pin them down a bit but they'll have a go at us.

Would just love to see Arteta in the middle. At this moment we don't have a midfielder that just gets the ball, keeps hold, brings players in, dictate play. Arteta does all that on the wing when he can. When he drifts inside it gives us options.

Rodwell or Neville your ball winner, Arteta to keep hold and bring it up.

We don't have a midfield ourselves to be honest, Osman will probably be outwide where he can't affect the game and Jags and Rodwell is a terrible partnership.

I guarantee Diarra will dominate the middle of the park, they might not win the game but they definatly win in the midfield area.

Playing 4-5-1 is a terrible idea with our squad at the moment, has to be 4-4-2. Just like the idea of Arteta being in the middle so he can hold the ball up. We can even try and play a narrow game, bring Osman and Baines tighter in the middle being they have no pace.

Would like to see --

Howard

If we play 4-4-4 we'll defo beat them

I wouldn't say they gave the mancs a good run for their money by any stretch. Jerome thomas looked their sharpest player when he came on ffs. I was continually thinking 'I hope they play like this on Saturday'. Can't see it though. As I said on another thread, after 2 defeats they're gonna kick anything that moves on Saturday. Hope the refs not to lenient if that is the case (Hope it isn't the case as the last thing we need is more work for 'Basil' Rathbone) Still think we'll have too much for them though.
2-0. Brace for the Yak

Playing 4-5-1 is a terrible idea with our squad at the moment, has to be 4-4-2. Just like the idea of Arteta being in the middle so he can hold the ball up. We can even try and play a narrow game, bring Osman and Baines tighter in the middle being they have no pace.

Baines won't play in midfield, he can't do it to be honest. It'll be something like this:

Arteta----------Rodwell----------Jagielka----------Osman

Everton vs. Portsmouth

I guess we might as well start this one off...Danny can edit and add poll as needed.

*Optimistic for Saturday thread merged into Match Thread*

Baines won't play in midfield, he can't do it to be honest. It'll be something like this:

Arteta----------Rodwell----------Jagielka----------Osman

Neither can Jags. And Ossie aint great on the left wing.

Baines is a wing-back after all and he can do a job on the wing (albeit not a great one). But I'd rather have that than a Jags and Rodwell midfield. Arteta needs a go there.

I though Utd played poor again, they're a totally different animal without Ronaldo, Nani, Giggs, Carrick or Hargreaves.

Hoping Anichebe's fit enough to play most of the match, just for the added physical presence instead of having Distin & Campbell both on Yakubu. Obviously keeping the ball on the ground will be the priority, Osman being marked by Bouba-Diop isn't going to leave us with many options!...

Status
Not open for further replies.