Everton v Portsmouth. (Saturday, 30 August ,3.00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me who on watchign MOTD blames Lescott for all 3 goals?

He was marking Defoe for the first one - which he really shouldnt have let him have teh shot - although admitedly i thought Rodwell couldve done something.

Although Baines was marking the guy for hte second, we do zonal marking, and Lescott was behind on catching the player up, and shouldve been ready, in position.

And he was marking crouch and shouldve followed him until the ball went out or in the net.

Baines was at fault for one of the goals, completely backed off Johnson and exposed Lescott.

The third could have happened to any defender, he wasn't really at fault. I do feel Yobo could have blocked it though, he just stuck out a leg. Jags would have dived in and blocked it.

the first he he and about 3 other where at fault. He did the right thing by ushering Defoe away from goal but someone should have blocked the shot. Lescott, Baines or Rodwell.

Well I refuse to watch Everton when they lose like this. But from what I have seen in the other games and what I have read. A spell on the sidelines is in order for Mr Lescott.

Lescott on the bench??? He may not be playing as well as last season but he is still one of our best players and DM will either play him at CB or LB.

When we went 3-0 down today he was one of the few who looked like he gave a [Poor language removed], as I said earlier Lescott needs time to gel with Yobo.

If this Jacobsen is any good going forward I think Moyes should try 3 at the back and 2 w. backs- he could play JL, Yobo and Jags then in positions they feel comfotable in.

See piece of piss this football managing:oops:

This is real life football, mate. It takes time to create the habit of a new formation. It's not as easy as it is in FM2008.

Do we have the players to play 352? Can the full backs we have go forward and put in decent crosses? If not, what's the point of having wing backs to give width to the team if they can't cross or if we don't have any sort of aerial power upfront?

It's not easy, mate.

the reason why 5 at the back came up originally , was to solve the jags yobo lescott conundrum. which 2 should play center back ?
baines and neville go forward anyway , so why not play them as wingbacks ?
them bombing forward does leave the back 2 exposed (hence the need for a dm) . with 3 at the back it just solves a lot of problems.

it also doesnt take that much time to learn a new formation , harry redknapp said they have only trained for 532 this week. they done all right with it.

the reason why 5 at the back came up originally , was to solve the jags yobo lescott conundrum. which 2 should play center back ?
baines and neville go forward anyway , so why not play them as wingbacks ?
them bombing forward does leave the back 2 exposed (hence the need for a dm) . with 3 at the back it just solves a lot of problems.

it also doesnt take that much time to learn a new formation , harry redknapp said they have only trained for 532 this week. they done all right with it.

We don't have the midfield, it's too slow and it's too weak. Technically good but we'd get bullied and overrun. Portsmouth had Diop, Diarra and Davis in there who are all physical and good athletes.

I'd don't think Neville has the legs to play as a wingback, nor does he has enough quality on the ball. Baines would be perfect for that role on the other hand.

We don't have the midfield, it's too slow and it's too weak. Technically good but we'd get bullied and overrun. Portsmouth had Diop, Diarra and Davis in there who are all physical and good athletes.

i think this is a headache for us.
we do have good midfeild players in arteta , osman ,cahill , pienaar etc , but as a unit they are slightly lightweight, no matter what players you pick.

i think moyes answer to toughening up the midfeild is to play 5 (extra man), , or by sticking a tackler in ther . ie neville or jags.

i just think we lack a bit of strength there.

canna ,mbia or both would have been perfect transfers to toughen us up a bit..

I thought we were unlucky to lose this match to be honest.

If anyone else was in Pompey's nets it we would've put away atleast a couple. Vaughan was unlucky with his shot cleared off the line, Arteta was unlucky, Yakubu was unlucky a few times.

Then we got punished for school boy defending, but atleast we can say you can take the positives out of this performance Baines was outstanding driving forward down the left and linked up well with Osman. Rodwell looked alot better then previous matches and we played alot better offensively then previous matches.

Now if we can only sort out the defence, someone needs to knock Lescott and Yobo's heads together and get that defence sorted out. I hate to admit it aswell but Yobo has looked our best defender all season. :huh:

Oh well, scratch that one off two week break to sort it out hopefully we can get some bodies in before the transfer deadline and hammer Stoke.

Coyb.

seen the highlights on motd...just the usual, we get beat...we are one of the featured matches!!

as for the evertons performance, going forward it was pretty good but defensively awful. watching on tv, it looked like there was no urgency at all --reminded me of a pre-season game!! 1st goal, no-one went in front of crouch from throw and lets be honest, hes gonna win most headers. how defoe managed to get turned and a shot in, ill never know -- think due to lack of urgency as i stated.

2nd goal -- baines made no effort to close johnson down and when he did eventually run on he passed rodwell and jags who just watched him and there was a gap of about 30 yards between our defenders for him to run into.

3rd goal -- bit of a counter attack, great chip but i felt there was about 5 opportunities to get tackles in or at least close players on the ball down. although the ball was already in, the reaction of lescott summed up the defensive performance.

beattie was not lazy, he worked his stones off everytime he played, he wass just crap

Status
Not open for further replies.