Everton v Portsmouth. (Saturday, 30 August ,3.00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
europe and injuries aside...small squad i agree..but regardless the passion and commitment we witnessed in that quite long spell of winning had disappeared, and it was there today like it was in the first game. I truly fear for season if this is the best we can serve up..its ok playing well ...all that matters is the goals at the end of the day...granted I love to watch good attractive attacking football..who knows maybe this will be the last match in which we will loose at home, but who am i kidding lolol

When I saw Yakubu about to take the penalty, I immediately thought of the miss vs Fiorentina. I knew he was going to miss it and why did he even hesitate..(n)

just out of interest

we have lost to 2 teams challenging for europe
lost both our home games
let goals in in every game
and only just managed to beat a team tipped for relegation.

those facts alone should be a good indicater of where the club is at at the moment and where we are heading if things dont change and fast.

kenwright has 2 days to keep his association with everton imo

I have never had any doubt towards our manager. Never. Always had absolute faith in him but for various reasons over the past few months this faith has started to dwindle and I am now starting to question him.

At the start of pre-season, he spoke of his determination to bring in players of a higher calibre, players who would enable us to effectively compete with the top four.

Obviously, this hasn't happened.

We have resorted to signing no mark players who he has only seen on videos. Players he clearly didnt want, through his own admission. If the likes of Castillo turn out to be decent, its by luck.

Moyes admitted himself that he has indeed let the club down, and I agree with him. His job is to strengthen the side and he has failed this summer. No excuses. He has accepted that himself. Lets take a moment not to blame the board, he has had the same amount of money, if not more than at any other time during his position as manager of this football club.

He has let Carsley/Johnson/McFadden go and not replaced them. Its not as though there isnt a central midfielder in the world who could not replace to Carsley, so why hasn't he? Its David Moyes job to do that. He hasn't, and now we are paying for it.

He said he signed Jacobsen to free up Neville in midfield, why not just sign a midfielder?

Now you can blame the board, "wheres the money?" - "if there was money, he would have spent it" - Fact is, there is some money there. That is a fact, he has said so himself. None has been spent. Why?

Why hasn't Moyes signed his contract? If he isn't happy with the board, I would rather he just packed his bags. I would rather have a manager here who will use whatever money available to bring in players. Its almost as though Moyes has got a major sulk on and in effect, he is sabotaging the club.

I really do hope he pulls off not only a few signings, but brings in players we need in the next few days. If he doesn't, he has failed to take us to a higher level. Simple as that.

Sorry, but I have refrained from moaning all summer. I think i deserve one.

Traore and Johnson bossed the flanks and switched from a 4-4-2 defensively to 3-5-2 offensively, either this wasnt spotted by Moyes or there were not enough options in the squad to counter it. Either way their fullbacks were given to much room to move forward. Regardless of this our midfielders never tracked back to cover the runs of their midfileders, leaving our defense exposed, oh how we miss carsley!

Traore and Johnson bossed the flanks and switched from a 4-4-2 defensively to 3-5-2 offensively, either this wasnt spotted by Moyes or there were not enough options in the squad to counter it. Either way their fullbacks were given to much room to move forward. Regardless of this our midfielders never tracked back to cover the runs of their midfileders, leaving our defense exposed, oh how we miss carsley!

yep 3 center backs and 2 wing backs.

if it works for them , would it work for us ?
(ive said for ages id like to see us play 532.)

When I saw Yakubu about to take the penalty, I immediately thought of the miss vs Fiorentina. I knew he was going to miss it and why did he even hesitate..(n)
Same, I heard the commentator say that Yak told Arteta that he wanted to take it, fair play to him, but I always think its better than the main penalty taker, ALWAYS TAKES IT and perhaps it was Artetas responsibility to say, "NO IM THE PENALTY TAKER, LETS NOT [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] UP!". Harsh maybe on both of them, but thats my take on it.

Neville had a decent game today as well. Baines was immense. Yak was coming too deep, but he did work his ass off and I was happy with his shift. Lescott seems to be the weak link in the defense at the moment (IMAGINE THAT!) and Jags need to be removed from our midfield on the double!

Its only 3 games in, you dont judge the season on 3 games. Whether we got no more players in or 5 more in, I'd still love this team the same and pray we can win every game from here on! COYB

Should've had a 2nd pen when James threw himself into Vaughan.
Ball should've been kicked out before their 3rd when Osman was down - clearly bad enough as he was subbed off almost immediately.
2 lapses to blame for their 1st 2.
Blinder by James.

Basically, [Poor language removed] happens... But between a lot of what happened today, the UEFA Cup draw (and Carling Cup?) and Castillo not getting his International Clearance - Where the hell's our luck gone?

F***ing Red's nicked it!.

No way, no how, did we deserve to lose 3-0 today, sooner Jagielka gets out of the midfield and we don't try to play 442 after months and months of 451, the better. Not heading for the bomb shelter just yet.

I have never had any doubt towards our manager. Never. Always had absolute faith in him but for various reasons over the past few months this faith has started to dwindle and I am now starting to question him.

At the start of pre-season, he spoke of his determination to bring in players of a higher calibre, players who would enable us to effectively compete with the top four.

Obviously, this hasn't happened.

We have resorted to signing no mark players who he has only seen on videos. Players he clearly didnt want, through his own admission. If the likes of Castillo turn out to be decent, its by luck.

Moyes admitted himself that he has indeed let the club down, and I agree with him. His job is to strengthen the side and he has failed this summer. No excuses. He has accepted that himself. Lets take a moment not to blame the board, he has had the same amount of money, if not more than at any other time during his position as manager of this football club.

He has let Carsley/Johnson/McFadden go and not replaced them. Its not as though there isnt a central midfielder in the world who could not replace to Carsley, so why hasn't he? Its David Moyes job to do that. He hasn't, and now we are paying for it.

He said he signed Jacobsen to free up Neville in midfield, why not just sign a midfielder?

Now you can blame the board, "wheres the money?" - "if there was money, he would have spent it" - Fact is, there is some money there. That is a fact, he has said so himself. None has been spent. Why?

Why hasn't Moyes signed his contract? If he isn't happy with the board, I would rather he just packed his bags. I would rather have a manager here who will use whatever money available to bring in players. Its almost as though Moyes has got a major sulk on and in effect, he is sabotaging the club.

I really do hope he pulls off not only a few signings, but brings in players we need in the next few days. If he doesn't, he has failed to take us to a higher level. Simple as that.

Sorry, but I have refrained from moaning all summer. I think i deserve one.

I wont go as far as to criticise Moyes same as i wont criticise Kenright when i dont know the full facts.

But If he IS responsible for our situation right now he deserves everything he gets.

The past is the past and the good job he has done for us so far means nothing if he cannot keep doing that good job. Football is a harsh business and there is no room for sentiment if it costs you on the pitch.

If Moyes is doing the best job he can for Evertonn Football Club thats ok. But when he stops doing that it has to be dealt with.

But it is all speculation right now as it always has been. There are numerous factors that are responsible for what is happening right now.

Neville had a decent game today as well. Baines was immense. Yak was coming too deep, but he did work his ass off and I was happy with his shift. Lescott seems to be the weak link in the defense at the moment (IMAGINE THAT!) and Jags need to be removed from our midfield on the double!

Mate im not trying to be funny, but ive just come back from the game and Baines was a joke @ times, he let a very average wingback in Johnson destroy him.

IMo the whole back 4 was a joke, hence the 3 goals we have shipped and clearly Mikel should have took the pen...... Hindsight is wonderful i know.

Im honestly amazed that Moyes seems content with this Lescott/Yobo CB pairing with Jags in the middle of the field. It doesn't [Poor language removed] work.

It needs to be Neville Yobo Jags Lescott, like it was last season. Put Baines out on the left and move Arteta into the middle if needs be.

Our defending was increadibly poor today, as it has been the last two games with this same system!

Im honestly amazed that Moyes seems content with this Lescott/Yobo CB pairing with Jags in the middle of the field. It doesn't [Poor language removed] work.

It needs to be Neville Yobo Jags Lescott, like it was last season. Put Baines out on the left and move Arteta into the middle if needs be.

Our defending was increadibly poor today, as it has been the last two games with this same system!

Well he hasnt really got any other options atm tbh.

What a [Poor language removed] Shambles of a performance. And who do i blame? Moyes. How deluded do you have to be to know that Jagielka is [Poor language removed] in midfield, and Lescott isnt as good at CB than he is at LB. Honestly, we all saw the past 2 performances, where Lescott has been poor pairing up with Yobo, and Jagielka has been dire in midfield, but does he change it? No. Fuccking useless tactics. He wouldve been better lining all the players infront of our goal and making them stand there for the whole match.

Anyway on to complaining...

Howard - well he couldnt do that much with the goals, but atleast he passed more than he does rather than hoof. Not alot more though.

Neville - one of our better players i thought, had some good runs in their box, and quite solid defensively, relied on Arteta a bit too much though.

Yobo - Fairly average performance for him, should be marking tighter.

Lescott - He cant play CB no matter if he prefers it or not. Crouch was all over him too.

Baines - Not bad, some good tackles, good going forward, but he did lose the ball quite alot - luckily not in dangerous areas.

Rodwell - well i didnt think he did that bad, seeing as he had basically 2 players to pass too, Arteta and Jagielka.

Jagielka - [Poor language removed] in midfield, great at CB - so whats the problem Moyes!?

Arteta - Did well the first half, people relied on him too much, faded out in the second i thought...all i wanted him to do in the second was play in the center.

Osman - I dont like Osman - but i thought his first half was good, his first quarter was great, but then the second he faded out...

Yakubu - Was he playing in midfield? It seemed like it. Not a good penalty, it was teh perfect hight for the keeper.

Vaughan - Like a dog playing football - Chasing after it constantly - but does [Poor language removed] all with it, to be fair he did have 2 players constantly marking him.

Like i said, Moyes bad tactics, we know that Baines can play LM alright, and Neville can play DM ok, so why put the player who cant play in the midfield in the midfield?!?! Nonsense.

Crouch was one of their best players i thought, but all of there goals were just sipmle goals - taking advantage of the bad communication between Yobo and Lescott.

[Poor language removed] Sake.

Anyone hear Moyes after the game?

"We are not in a position to win Premiership games"....... :huh:

From Kipper Forums

"Players take responsibility.

We're not in a position to win premiership games, turning points etc

Created chances, average defending, didn't have that 'magic player' to make a difference,

poor penalty, good save,

deserved a goal in the game, they changed system,

hard week re new players, playing jags in midfield, playing rodwell, plating vaughan 4 weeks ahead of time.

we're not ready to win premier league games

we don't have any more midfield players..

monday for saha medical decision

transfer deadline? I'll try, based on performances to bring players in (quality)

Carlin cup unkind draw

Status
Not open for further replies.