AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't want AJ to go unless his wages are in some way unreasonable. maybe at this point he's no longer a first choice striker, but as far as squad players go, you can do a lot worse than andy johnson.

9 mil may be a lot of money, but i'd rather hold on to johnson who we know will at the very least give it his all, rather than gambling it on a new signing who we won't be sure about.

Im sure he loved Carsley, stubbs, Naysmith and Beattie too, but they got sold didnt they.

Hard to know mate, he only signed Beatie and in fairness to Stubbs and Cars they were of the right age or going to be around the squad for years to come, ill give you Beatiee, actually i would give anyone Beatiee.lol

we bought aj for 8.6 million so selling him for 9 is not really that great business.

i mean we got him from palace in the championship and since he has been with us he has played for england and finished 5th in the epl.

perhaps we over paid for him in the first place.. but the offer of 15 million we recieved last summer would be more like it.

AJ is not worth 9m i would snatch west hams hand off if they offered that.
He doesn't score enough
He doesn't set enough up
He can't control a ball
He can't hold the ball up
He can't take defenders on
and recently ive witnessed him being out paced.

Apart from that he tries hard.

It was a disappointing season for him but it wasnt disasterous. 29 games, 10 goals in all competions for a player who had an ankle operation 5 or 6 games in, and had niggling injuries throughout is marely ok.

Add a string of unlucky moments for the player that knocked his confidence - a penelty goal that should've stood in Europe, and 2 misses straight after doesnt do you the world of good. A blatant goal disallowed against Blackburn, and about 5 penalty shouts. Add to that a stint for the England side when we were absolute dog [Poor language removed] (when Rooney hadnt scored in 2 years and it made Lampard look like a Sunday league player) on the back of last season (especially when the press had a go at him), its bound to affect a player who came up from the championship, who wasnt in the limelight.

He'll get goals and he's a constant menace to defenders because he never gives up. He's created chances this season but they're forgotten about because he didnt get it in the back of the net. The fact also is that it was rarely he had the ball played through for him to run on to, he always had his back to goal and was shoved off because of his size - he's not that kind of striker that can hold the ball up.

The only problem I see is that he's not a selfish striker and if he gets the ball played through to him on goal, he'll get goals. Teams know this, why else would he be rumoured every season to be leaving for silly prices upwards of 10mill?

Hopefully he'll rest and forget about this season and come back with a clear head and some class creative midfielders to feed him for next season. And christ we gave Beattie 2 seasons, I think Johno should deserve more time.

we bought aj for 8.6 million so selling him for 9 is not really that great business.

i mean we got him from palace in the championship and since he has been with us he has played for england and finished 5th in the epl.

perhaps we over paid for him in the first place.. but the offer of 15 million we recieved last summer would be more like it.

I think selling him for 9 would be great business, honestly, if anything hes gone down in price at everton...we'd be lucky to get over 10 million.

AJ is not worth 9m i would snatch west hams hand off if they offered that.
He doesn't score enough
He doesn't set enough up
He can't control a ball
He can't hold the ball up
He can't take defenders on
and recently ive witnessed him being out paced.

Apart from that he tries hard.

;););)

i want aj to stay the sad fact is we dont play to his strength when hes 100% fit aj cant score unless hes played into a hole which is what we dont do enough on....

I want AJ to stay, but I have a feeling that he's out the door this window to be honest.

saying that, I seem to recall wanting Beattie to stay aswell. lol

Moyes wont let him go...not just yet. He was the 1st player to sign a long term contract when Moyes was throwing them about so he holds him in high regard and feels he intergral to our growth.

I mean, I'd rather off load Hibbert for some change but Moyes signed up on a long contract too because he's a part of his plans in the long run.

good point hes on a long term contract... i think we need more debth not sell one player and get one in....

good point hes on a long term contract... i think we need more debth not sell one player and get one in....
This is the reason the squad is too small,we sell without replacing like with Kilbane and Faddy and when we buy the player getting replaced in the team is sold instead of becoming a squad player .I accept that a lot of players are unhappy when they lose their first team spot but it is More and more becoming a squad game not least with the extra subs this coming season I cant see Chelsea or united filling the spaces with untried kids.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.