AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not comparing him to Yakubu, I am just dismissing your idea that Johnson is [Poor language removed].

22 goals in 64 games isn't a record to be sneered at. To me, thats 'clinical' enough.

I thought you where. You did bring up both his and the Yak's stats and compared there goals to chances rate. If you weren't then fair enough.

I don't think he's [Poor language removed] I just think he's average and very one dimensional. There are much better strikers out there and at 9 million we'd be getting enough money to bring in a better player.

His goal record is decent as I said but his all round game is the most worrying thing for me. He lacks in alot of areas and alot of the time is very innefective over 90 minutes.

To show he compared well with Yakubu (the best in the business) at converting chances, albeit in a stronger side.

He offers something different and vital, pace.

On form, he's very effective.

To show he compared well with Yakubu (the best in the business) at converting chances, albeit in a stronger side.

He offers something different and vital, pace.

On form, he's very effective.

Pace can only get you so far. If you haven't got the strength, technical ability and intelligence to go with it then your not going to be very effective.

The only thing Johnson offers for me is livelyness. He runs around a bit and keeps defenders on there toes but he rarely tests them.

I like pace but it has to be used correctly and actually test people. You could get a kid from a Sunday league team, throw him upfront and tell him to run around at full pelt. Realistically it only gets you so far.

If Johnson is going to stay and start I want more from him than work rate.

He'll stay lads.

But than again, I said the same about Beattie lol

I agree. He is going nowhere. I have heard this also. Trust me my precious.

disclaimer - If 15 mill was offered the above statement may become null and void

Moyes loves AJ, it just aint going to happen!

I've read a few dodgy newshites this morning that say Owen is close to coming to Everton for about £8m. If that happens then I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Johnson went to WestHam. Owen is a far better player, albiet a perennially injured one...

Can't really see moyes selling johnson and replacing him with a player whos got elastic bands for ham strings and a pair of old mans knees :( We'll be pushing on four fronts again next year, it just wouldn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.