AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gazdalf

Just read this on Sky Sports. I am not buying into it but I thought I would bring it to the party.

Andy Unsworth (Everton fan) says...

Andy Johnson looks set to move back down south to West Ham. Fee believed to be around £9m, should happen in first week of June when player is back from holiday. Everton to replace him with Owen. £5m fee and Umbro paying a % of his wages.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2920077,00.html

5 million for owen and umbro paying a % of his wages?

moyes would do well to pull that off.

Why would Umbro pay part of little Michael's wages? If he was Beckham, then I could figure it out. But Owen is hardly the future for the marketing men.

I'd only sell Johnson at the right price and £9 million may well be it. He isn't prolific enough for us and only seems to run the channels nowadays.

With the money we could get better.

Just to underline the fact that the source for this story is not SSN. The source is an "Everton fan" making an unattributed comment on Sky Sports website.

I thought we were supposed to be increasing the squad not at best keeping it the same size AJ might not be the best but in todays climate £9 mill will not get us a quality replacement.

Just read this on Sky Sports. I am not buying into it but I thought I would bring it to the party.

Andy Unsworth (Everton fan) says...

Andy Johnson looks set to move back down south to West Ham. Fee believed to be around £9m, should happen in first week of June when player is back from holiday. Everton to replace him with Owen. £5m fee and Umbro paying a % of his wages.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2920077,00.html

Well it wouldnt be the first time a sponsor payed some wages - it boosts their popularity too - although i wouldve thought chang wouldve done the same. As for johnson leaving i think its going to happen...

...However i doubt the two of them will happen together...too good to be true - as we would be making a profit out of it all.

I'm fed up of saying "AJ needs a goal to get his confidence up" or words to that effect. AJ was a good signing but the club has moved on, just like we did from Marcus Bent. Take the £9m and take our chances elsewhere. Thanks for the memories Andy (2 goals v's the gobsh*tes) and good luck wherever you go.

I would just like to point out that this excerpt is based on a fans point of view. Nowhere else can it be confirmed. I only posted it as it was on a site.

My personal opinions.

"It is bollocks"

Status
Not open for further replies.