Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at our remaining home fixtures of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Burnley I think we might as well keep the sirens till the end of the season at least. Maybe from next season we can be more selective with it, but for right now? Well they're all pretty big games (even Burnely since it's the last home game of the season) so we might as well go for it and try to maintain some of the incredible atmophere from yesterday.

I listened on the radio, and was doing some cooking as the teams came out, so only heard the sirens like a back ground news, but I did notice it was far noisier than normal. Assumed it was the BBC mikes!

But seeing those videos, it looks and sounds brilliant.

Sounded boss.

Think a night game would be even better.
Dim the lights, a bit of Pyro..

I love all that..

But, knowing Everton, the lights wouldn't come back on and the game would get called off or something ridiculous.

Goodison is a special place isn't it. All day I've been watching these videos over and over.
I don't care that other supporters call it a dump and the fact it frustrates the life out of me queing up for a drink or the toilet, the bloody posts are a nuisance and many many more faults with the place, but I absolutely love the place we may not have dozens of flags being waved or massive banners on show but there is no other stadium in the country quite like it when the growd are up and the atmosphere is electric, the fact it's an old stadium i think help with this. I know we have to move and I'm resigned to it and I'm glad I've got a season ticket so I can be there for the last game, more so than being at the new ground for the first game, you will not be able to get a ticket for the last game for love nor money.

Always been against the sirens before it but for big games, it’d be class.

Special being in the Gwladys yesterday. Not been like that in a long, long time.
Same here mate . I weren’t a fan of it before bellew fights . It hit the spot yesterday.

I think keeping it for the 'Big Games' is small time and cringey. Create an atmosphere for all games, one where smaller teams than Everton know they are walking into a 'special' game for them. Could you imagine Man City keeping a different kind of build up for their Man Utd game? It sends the wrong message to the opposition i.e. we fear you more than other teams.It also sends the wrong message to players i.e. you should be more up for this game than others. If we had seen that atmosphere and effort against Wolves & Southampton maybe we would have beaten them, . Silva himself said if we can keep that atmosphere at all games it can help the team win more.
You dont get it. We have only ever had atmosphere at home or away games when they were important matches or against Lpool. Thats why it is natural and organic. Yes they are `our' team but it only really matters a handful of games per season. Even when we were winnign titles you cold hear a pin drop if we were playing Swansea or Brighton.
Dont fix something that isnt broken by trying to manufacure something.

Status
Not open for further replies.