Z-cars sirens

Keep the z-cars sirens?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? No, not at all - I'm specifying the danger of familiarity. The siren gets people up for it as it feels special - if you have it every game, then it just becomes routine; part of the furniture.
How do we choose which games are important? Just top four, thus buying into sky's view of 'important'? What if we're on a losing streak and we really need a win against Palace or somebody, play it then? Who chooses 'important' games? Ultimately, not playing the siren would imply that the game is not as important as others, that's a very dangerous message to send out to players and fans.
We either have it, or we don't.

They wouldn’t though I don’t think? It would simply become the natural intro to Z Cars, the way the existing drum roll has always been. Evertonians heats that drumroll intro, they start cheering knowing it’s all about to star. that simply gets replaced in everybody’s subconscious with the sirens.

I am all for it personally, despite the flags issue getting slaughtered on here, when the teams came out and all the flags were waving, the sirens blasting and the flamethrowers belching out fire, I thought it was utterly boss! Two young lads who sit by me were talking about it all through the half time interval, they were buzzing about telling their mates at school, this is what we need to do get more of the young uns enthused. having to sit through 100 minutes of bitter Evertonians bitching isn’t exactly inspirational for them?

Totally agree. Lets make it our thing! Get rowdy and get the opposition worried. Get people excited! For too long we have just been dull and quiet and nothing happening. Its been too long that we have been stuck in the old ways. Lets move things forward!

The problem is becoming used to it though and the crowd not reacting in the same way.

Just use it like we used to do penalty takers with Unsworth, Ball & Stuart! Use the siren until we lose then move on to something else.................................................like a fog horn or a comedy car horn

How late were you leaving the pub beforehand?!

I am making a point of leaving a good fifteen minutes earlier these days, to make sure I am seated in time for the sirens.

Childish I know.....but hey, those sirens excite me :)

Which particular pub I am in decides the time I need to leave at......for example if I am in the Thomas Frost (Wetherspoons) on Walton Road I need to leave a good ten minutes earlier than I would need to leave the Royal Oak.

I am making a point of leaving a good fifteen minutes earlier these days, to make sure I am seated in time for the sirens.

Childish I know.....but hey, those sirens excite me :)

Which particular pub I am in decides the time I need to leave at......for example if I am in the Thomas Frost (Wetherspoons) on Walton Road I need to leave a good ten minutes earlier than I would need to leave the Royal Oak.
Lol lol Same here matey, one less pint than normal. Think the sirens are brilliant.

The flags need stopping, it does nothing for atmosphere and the streets of Kirkdale are littered in them, in a era when we are suppose to not litter its irresponsible

I thought the flags were brilliant as the team came out as they had a light up affect. After that they may as well have been binned

So every section of the ground got one last night, bar the top balcony? Is this for safety reasons?

I thought the flags were brilliant as the team came out as they had a light up affect. After that they may as well have been binned

So every section of the ground got one last night, bar the top balcony? Is this for safety reasons?
No, we had them for the first game, my lad was made up when he heard there were flags, gutted when we got to the top balcony n everyone had flags bar us, nice one everton

Status
Not open for further replies.