Would you take a draw?

Take a draw now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we know it will be better than last two seasons when Martinez took us there to get turned over!! Well overdue a win there!

After the last 20 years.........?

I'd always take a draw, you can't compete with the devil.

We have been screwed that many times

Whenever I have left Anfield and we have drawn ive been gutted, with the possible exception of the Jags game, i want to win, simple as.
This really, no ones going to say after a draw is a bad result, but would much rather we want there like a team that believes we can win, doing that in these games is the next step for us

I wouldn't take a draw.

A draw means we will probably finish 7th. A defeat means we will probably finish 7th. Even a win means we will probably finish 7th.

In those circumstances and considering we haven't won at Anfield for so long and have taken severe beatings in that time, I don't see why we would take a draw.

We will win there are at some point.

Never take a Draw off anyone - always want a win, end of - regardless of who it is.

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM!!!!!!

I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw like but they are absolutely terrible at the back and we are boss going forward, just go for it something we never ever do away at the "top teams" absolutely nothing to lose, give us a derby win for the first time in 7 years ( how is that even possible considering how close we are in the league most years )

We really need six points from these two games to give us a chance of truly gatecrashing the top four,four points wouldn't be disastrous,could live with a point there then three at Old Trafford,but would obviously prefer it the other way around,we've just got to go for this,our form this new year and has earned us a right of a "punchers chance"let's go all guns blazing,COYB.

I absolutely get where people are coming from with wanting/needing a win, totally.

It would just feel magnificent, I would literally walk on air for days after, if not weeks.

And yes, it must be play to win, from beginning to end.

But....

We could either stink the place out - again - with an attitude of timidity and get a beating, or put up a gallant showing and still lose. Or draw.

Coleman's injury is a big setback and I hope Morgan is fit. Lukaku in particular needs to show what he is made of here.

I wouldn't be displeased if we got a draw in similar circumstances to when Jagielka scored. That would be one example of coming away with some satisfaction from that viper's nest.

I am absolutely sure though that we can't beat them on 80% with players not pulling their weight. Koeman is all about intensity and aggression and we need to see that in spades here.

Still think we go out with a psychological block against them and another draw, as acceptable as it might be in isolation, isn't going to cure that.

We do NEED to win the game for our own sake, forget about them.

Not really no.

I'd rather us have a go at winning and lose as usual than settle for not being able to beat them to be honest. So what if we lose? Generally lose anyway, least turning up and looking for a win is a show that we believe we are better than them which is all we can really ask for.

I want to see us batter these because get rid of the mental block and all the hoodoo that surrounds the derby and you'll find we are better than them. The players should be psyching themselves to win on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.