Would you take a draw?

Take a draw now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I would take a draw.

And of course I would love it if we won.

I have no expectation at all for this fixture anymore sadly. The onus is on the team to go out and prove me/others wrong.

They need to prove it when and where it counts. No amount of faux bravado here or elsewhere will get us anything. This is on the 11+ players in royal blue to step up, just for once in this fixture.

My head is thinking " draw would be....ok...sort of ". The rest of me is screaming " nothing but a win, perferably a embarrassingly one sided win, will do ". I've just told my head to shut up and get with the program.

Going for the draw is small time. Got to go for the win, and close on the sides higher up the table than us. Think of it as a six pointer against a (at best) average top 10 side. Take out Mane and Coutinho and that is one well average team. Would any of the rest get near our best first team? Nah. We are well due to give them a thrashing at their piss-ridden, creature infested gaff. Get the local lads in and get right in their faces from the off. I want to see that muppet Klopp bog-eyed, screaming in an incandescent rage and grinding his teeth by the end

It's been 18 years without a win there FFS

Christ. You'd expect that record if they've been the Bayern Munich of the Prem and we were a Championship team. We've finsished close enough and above them a good few times. It's a desperate record and it's not by fluke. It has to be in the mentality. But why?

Yep, would actually take a draw in our next two games. Draw our next two aways to prevent Liverpool and Utd increasing the gap and then win our remaining homes and we will be in the mix for 4/5/6

To accept a draw before we even take to the pitch sums up fans mentality with the RS. A mentality that HAS to change.

We need to go there with a positive mindset but not gung ho. Sit back and keep it simple and tight. Press them hard in midfield in front of back 3. Counter quick and support Rom. Dont let them get in behind. Imperitive Lpool dont get early lead as they then get frustrated and run out of ideas. If still in game with 20 mins left go for it and throw second striker on.

No reason why we cant do this if we employ the right tactics. They really aren't that good.

after the next time we beat them we should never play them again, ever

even if we forfeit the points just leave it in black and white, last time we played we won

like the Franks, who ended Visigoth rule in neighbouring Gaul in the Battle of Vouille (507AD). After that, the Visigoth kingdom was limited to Spain and they never battled again, just agreed to have separate sides of the Pyranees/Stanley Park and lived without further interaction

Did it with my dad, first time I ever beat him (he never let anyone win at anything, even bloodying a five year old mate's nose playing footy on the park) I told him I'd never play him again

that was 76 and the board remains dusty, with eternal triumph assured - la Victoria Siempre

To accept a draw before we even take to the pitch sums up fans mentality with the RS. A mentality that HAS to change.

We need to go there with a positive mindset but not gung ho. Sit back and keep it simple and tight. Press them hard in midfield in front of back 3. Counter quick and support Rom. Dont let them get in behind. Imperitive Lpool dont get early lead as they then get frustrated and run out of ideas. If still in game with 20 mins left go for it and throw second striker on.

No reason why we cant do this if we employ the right tactics. They really aren't that good.
Totally agree with all this. Unfortunately we've been saying the same thing for almost 20 years now, getting our hopes up, only to be disappointed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.