WORRIED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you be arsed?

3 games in and you're worried, jesus christ.

Honestly people joke and take the piss out of our fans, but some genuinely will not be happy unless we win every game 5-0 and stop the opposition having any shots at goal. Every single game will be “well we could have lost that on another day when X, Y and Z hypothetical thing would have happened”

If we won a trophy people would worry about someone dropping it on the bus parade and the FA taking it off us. Our fans are a joke, a parody.

Honestly people joke and take the piss out of our fans, but some genuinely will not be happy unless we win every game 5-0 and stop the opposition having any shots at goal. Every single game will be “well we could have lost that on another day when X, Y and Z hypothetical thing would have happened”

If we won a trophy people would worry about someone dropping it on the bus parade and the FA taking it off us. Our fans are a joke, a parody.
I can only imagine these people play the games on paper and just expect us to beat teams who are worse than us. I dont think any performances this season have been particularly awful, theres been a lot of chances missed by us and the few chances we surrender usually fly in. Like last night, I think they only had 2 shots and they went flying in top bin.

I can only imagine these people play the games on paper and just expect us to beat teams who are worse than us. I dont think any performances this season have been particularly awful, theres been a lot of chances missed by us and the few chances we surrender usually fly in. Like last night, I think they only had 2 shots and they went flying in top bin.

No one ever thinks “if we’d scored our chances we’d have won that game that we lost/drew”, it’s only ever the other way round. Poisonous mentality, almost as if they’re willing defeats. It’s shocking. Why be a football fan if that’s your outlook?

Wrong time to post this mate - 1 win even had it come against an under 18 league two side and everyone thinks the good times are back.

Its how Martinez kept his job for 2 years too long and players like DCL are rated as "having a part to play" at the club because they score 1 in 10 games.

4 games gone and whilst not panic stations we look average again despite another kings ransom spent on players. Silva has spent £200 million on players in 2 seasons yet we look no better.

So far in the league we have played three won one, drawn one lost one - All should have been victories with the players we have and money spent, could have lost them all.

Carabao Cup struggled to win against a first division club.

Look lethargic, off the pace and quite frankly clueless at times.

Silva still insisting on playing Schneiderlin who constantly makes defensive errors, fails to tackle, gives free kicks away and insists on playing forty yard balls to heavily marked players or passes back.

In essence I believe we have a decent squad with the potential for a good cup run and or relative league success, I just think the man at the helm does not know who his best squad is and where to play them.

Wolves (supposedly one of our main rivals for that coveted 7th spot) on Sunday and really not relishing that one.

Am I worried?

Damn right I am....................

Struggled?

If its possible to read anything into our early games, its perhaps that seventh is definitely our ceiling again.

We are over-reliant on points at home and that has come through again in the games at Palace and Villa so far.

It is early days, and I expect us to gain momentum and improve, but these are the type of games that we have to win to have any loftier expectations.

The points differential from last year is the key indicator overall for me this season, I'd like to see us put an extra 12-15 points on last seasons total, and close the gap to sixth, but I'm not sure if that's attainable.

Wrong time to post this mate - 1 win even had it come against an under 18 league two side and everyone thinks the good times are back.

Its how Martinez kept his job for 2 years too long and players like DCL are rated as "having a part to play" at the club because they score 1 in 10 games.

4 games gone and whilst not panic stations we look average again despite another kings ransom spent on players. Silva has spent £200 million on players in 2 seasons yet we look no better.
I can only imagine you jibbed off the half of the season under fat Samuel if you think this team is not exponentially better.

Status
Not open for further replies.