Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done all he can, and has put it on the line for us. Now just dependant on how badly we want him and make Leeds an offer they have to accept.

Gnonto (if signed) would be our 4th best LW. He is a good close control dribbler at speed, and can time good runs off the shoulder from the left, and puts on a somewhat decent low cross when getting to the byline from the left. When playing from the right he drifts inside and shoots (ineffectively) from distance. He is an extremely poor passer. That's it. How does that provide us anything more than what Dobbin does?
I'm starting to think you haven't watched either of them play much at all.

Even as a Dobbin fan, i don't understand how you are saying the things you are saying.

Dobbin isn't as quick, is no where near as strong, isn't as technically gifted. They are not on the same level in terms of talent, and when we get another winger in, He will go out on loan to a lower league club, probably still league 1.

You also keep saying this thing about Gnonto not being able to pass, which i find incredibly confusing, Gnontos interplay is very good, he is good in tight spaces and can absolutely pick small passes in tight areas to create chances, but he's also 19 and with that comes inconsistency.

Gnonto is a full international for a reason, with a massive ceiling, and will be worth a lot of money one day if he gets even close to that ceiling,

Dobbin is quick and can take people on, but isn't at that level yet and not sure he ever will be in terms of PL.

You're entitled to your opinion, but i think youre so way off on this.

We will see where both players are in a few years, but i can almost guarantee you, it wont be Dobbin having the better career. He's older than Gnonto and Gnonto is already better and has achieved more.

This reminds me of 2018 and us thinking Gylfi playing on the Left would work and Klaasen being good as an 8.

Just scout and buy players to play their most effective positions. Should not be that difficult for a club as massive as Everton.

The difference is that gylfi was not a winger in any capacity. The difference between left wing and right wing is not that great. We currently have 2 left footed wingers and 2 right footed wingers (if iwobi counts, maybe gnonto takes his spot so he can play centrally). So this lack of balance that keeps being touted is massively over stated.

Mate, with respect youre using ''football transfers'' as a source.

The player has always wanted to come to everton.
Tbh I don't believe any source it's all cobblers
I also don't believe a word from any pro football player. Most all talk money at the end of the day.
Very few are genuine
I've lost my respect and admiration of most of them
I used to worship our players in the 60's 70's and 80's
No longer. I'm disillusioned

Status
Not open for further replies.