Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnonto, Harrison, McNeil, Danjuma, Dom, Adams

That will keep a side up. (I know like all these players got relegated but that was their horrendous defense).
That would be a better window than I feared at the start of summer to be honest! No excuses to not have a comfortable season with those options really, particularly with those clubs coming up not looking the strongest.

I could not disagree with you more profoundly. I have not seen Gnonto do anything remarkable at all. His skill set looks identical to Lewis Dobbin.
Hehe. I don't rate Gnonto, but where have you seen Dobbin be so good? Any competetive matches?

I have seen him a handful matches for U21/23 and he has always seemed to be miles away.

Last season on loan, for a Derby team that disappointed in League 1, he had 3 goals and 4 assists in 43 matches. Only 20 starts. Should we be in for these Derby players that kept Dobbin on the bench?

Hehe. I don't rate Gnonto, but where have you seen Dobbin be so good? Any competetive matches?

I have seen him a handful for U21/23 and he has always seemed to be miles away.

Last season on loan, for a Derby team that disappointed in League 1, he had 3 goals and 4 assists in 43 matches. Only 20 starts. Should we be in for these Derby players that kept Dobbin on the bench?
Is Michael Keane a better Center Back than Jarrad Branthwaite because Dyche rates him such when selecting his squad?

All getting a bit unsavoury this.

Don’t particularly like it when players do this.

However there could be more to it. Gnonto will come out of this the villain, but maybe Leeds have moved the goal posts and it’s left him no choice

Hope it gets done, but don’t like this type of behaviour
Well this is it, we don’t know what if anything, Gnonto has been promised? All this “he’s been badly advised” stuff that’s getting trotted out and continues to be trotted out on sky as we speak, maybe unfair on the lad. If Leeds had stayed up there wouldn’t be an issue, he’d happily be playing for Leeds in the top flight. But getting relegated does change things whether people like it or not. He has an international career to think about and we don’t know whether he’s been told he needs top flight football. As I said we also don’t know whether he’d been promised a move if they went down, and they’ve now changed their minds.

If we’d have gone down instead, would any of us seriously expect Onana to be staying and playing Championship football with us? Of course not. Leeds need to get him out ASAP and reinvest the money quickly.

Could we not just once play some of our talented young footballers? Seems other squads do this successfully all the time and leads to player sales that bring income. Why is Everton so seemingly adverse to that concept?
We could, but I'd guess that the coaching staff thinks that we're still in a bit of a precarious situation.

Maybe relying on an inexperienced Dobbin isn't something they can fully get behind. A good loan playing 25/30 games will probably put his value higher than 15 cameos off the bench.

(Once we're a bit more stable I'd love to see more coming through)

Move on
He didn't want us in the first place
He will end up abroad
Let's go with front 2 of Adamsy and Maups
Completely untrue.

He has wanted us all summer.

I imagine a deal will be done at some stage, because the position of the player and the club doesn't benefit either party, but leeds rightly so want as much as they can get for him.

The player will always play the pantomime villain.

Probably not, but Michael Keane is definitively a better number 9 than Dobbin. He could have played striker for Derby and been their best player.
I agree. Dobbin is a LW. Which we already have 3 of in the squad. Why we are again looking to add Gnonto another LW exasperates me.

I agree. Dobbin is a LW. Which we already have 3 of in the squad. Why we are again looking to add Gnonto another LW exasperates me.
Dobbin is not even close to being at the same level as Gnonto.

Gnonto is a far better player, a Italy international, and has better attributes all over, the only reason Dobbin hasn't went out on loan again is because we are weak on the wings currently,

He struggled for consistency at Derby, they are not the same level of player, and i like Dobbin.

I mean, putting in a transfer request is the best way to go about it if you really want the transfer. Leeds got what they wanted imo and were daring him to hand it in. Forfeiting some money to make it happen is fair

Status
Not open for further replies.