Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could, but I'd guess that the coaching staff thinks that we're still in a bit of a precarious situation.

Maybe relying on an inexperienced Dobbin isn't something they can fully get behind. A good loan playing 25/30 games will probably put his value higher than 15 cameos off the bench.

(Once we're a bit more stable I'd love to see more coming through)
That's the issue though. We are not relying on Dobbin. We have 3 other LWs. (Assuming Demarai Gray is sold this window).

1. Dwight McNeil
2. Arnaut Danjuma
3. Jack Harrison

Well this is it, we don’t know what if anything, Gnonto has been promised? All this “he’s been badly advised” stuff that’s getting trotted out and continues to be trotted out on sky as we speak, maybe unfair on the lad. If Leeds had stayed up there wouldn’t be an issue, he’d happily be playing for Leeds in the top flight. But getting relegated does change things whether people like it or not. He has an international career to think about and we don’t know whether he’s been told he needs top flight football. As I said we also don’t know whether he’d been promised a move if they went down, and they’ve now changed their minds.

If we’d have gone down instead, would any of us seriously expect Onana to be staying and playing Championship football with us? Of course not. Leeds need to get him out ASAP and reinvest the money quickly.

Good post. Agreed

Dobbin is not even close to being at the same level as Gnonto.

Gnonto is a far better player, a Italy international, and has better attributes all over, the only reason Dobbin hasn't went out on loan again is because we are weak on the wings currently,

He struggled for consistency at Derby, they are not the same level of player, and i like Dobbin.
Gnonto (if signed) would be our 4th best LW. He is a good close control dribbler at speed, and can time good runs off the shoulder from the left, and puts on a somewhat decent low cross when getting to the byline from the left. When playing from the right he drifts inside and shoots (ineffectively) from distance. He is an extremely poor passer. That's it. How does that provide us anything more than what Dobbin does?

Is Michael Keane a better Center Back than Jarrad Branthwaite because Dyche rates him such when selecting his squad?
You do realise that Branthwaite was away from the club for all of last season, then was away with England in the summer for the under 21 competition and finally came back to Everton only a couple of weeks before the start of the season.

Hardly a surprise that he is not in the team yet.

Jack Harrison can easily play on the right. Danjuma can play left and central.
This reminds me of 2018 and us thinking Gylfi playing on the Left would work and Klaasen being good as an 8.

Just scout and buy players to play their most effective positions. Should not be that difficult for a club as massive as Everton.

I agree. Dobbin is a LW. Which we already have 3 of in the squad. Why we are again looking to add Gnonto another LW exasperates me.
Everton does not play with wingers since Dyche came in. They are expected to do most of the defensive work full backs does for other teams. They have an average position that is deeper than many wing backs.

If you can't do the defensive job, you don't start. There are reasons for why Iwobi, the teams best player first half of last season, was moved out wide when Dyche came in. When Garner and Iwobi play ahead of Gray, Dobbin has a loong way to go. Dyche will play Mykolenko or Godfrey behind Young on the left before he starts Dobbin.

If we sign Gnonto, he will get most of his matches centrally.

Completely untrue.

He has wanted us all summer.

I imagine a deal will be done at some stage, because the position of the player and the club doesn't benefit either party, but leeds rightly so want as much as they can get for him.

The player will always play the pantomime villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.