Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney won't leave Derby this season.
I like Lampard for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, he plays a progressive style. We are desperate for some attacking football after Benetiz and Carlo's 'defensive' pragmatism made us one of the most boring to watch teams in the league.

Secondly, he has a massive point to prove. The next job he takes has to be a success, otherwise his reputation is in the toilet. At Chelsea he blooded young players, he navigated a transfer embargo and was clearly well liked by the players.

On the players, we clearly have a squad of mentally weak individuals. The hardcore Rafael style clearly didn't resonate and just further sapped their confidence, whereas Carlo was probably too light of hand. In that sense, I think a younger 'players' manager, that has the capacity to put an arm around, but at the same time be strong where need be (see Jurgen), is what we need. I think Lampard could be that.

Anyway, I understand that he won't be everyone's cup of tea, but this next managerial appointment is clearly going to be a punt and I like the idea of punting on someone with a point to prove, that is familiar with the pressures of the premier league and has the name gravitas to attract players.
I agree mate
I’d have him, Kovac or Garcia and forget the rest
Maybe Duncan as interim before this is sorted.
But we have Kenwright in charge. This cretin is part of and is to blame for most of our issues

Sadly too many arl da's in the fanbase would trip over their own erect cocks to see a Rooney/Dunc tag team on the touchline with Kenwright back as owner, Unsy running the academy and Baines head coach.

Sentimental dopes.
One of the few times we agree. Far far far too much sentimentality in this club, and it all oozes down from Kenwright. We will never progress as a club with someone on the board who wants to keep us in the 1960s.

Whoever the next manager is, they’ve got to do two things in my opinion:

Firstly, they’ve got to establish a standard and then make sure anyone who doesn’t (or can’t) keep up to it doesn’t start games. No one has a place because of who they are, on the staff or the team.

Secondly, they’ve got to believe in getting results rather than styles of play. Anyone whose ego prevents them from doing what is needed to win, or at least play at our best, should not be considered.

This is why I think it cannot be Martinez.

I like Lampard for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, he plays a progressive style. We are desperate for some attacking football after Benetiz and Carlo's 'defensive' pragmatism made us one of the most boring to watch teams in the league.

Secondly, he has a massive point to prove. The next job he takes has to be a success, otherwise his reputation is in the toilet. At Chelsea he blooded young players, he navigated a transfer embargo and was clearly well liked by the players.

On the players, we clearly have a squad of mentally weak individuals. The hardcore Rafael style clearly didn't resonate and just further sapped their confidence, whereas Carlo was probably too light of hand. In that sense, I think a younger 'players' manager, that has the capacity to put an arm around, but at the same time be strong where need be (see Jurgen), is what we need. I think Lampard could be that.

Anyway, I understand that he won't be everyone's cup of tea, but this next managerial appointment is clearly going to be a punt and I like the idea of punting on someone with a point to prove, that is familiar with the pressures of the premier league and has the name gravitas to attract players.
Hi bird has an offensive kite, and her accent is reminiscent of a board duster being scraped along a blackboard.

It's a no from me Jeff.

My opinion is that because it is a basket case that is helping him. Has a group of players literally fighting for the survival of the club and their livelihood. Not sure the same can be said about a good proportion of the Everton squad
If that ‘good proportion’ of our squad don’t realise they’re in a fight for the survival of our club, we need someone who can deliver some hard truths to these serial underachievers.

We have some excellent players, England number 1, Brazil’s number 9, the second best English striker, a very competent box to box midfielder, and excellent pacy winger, in Mina a top drawer centre half accompanied by lots of other internationals.

We do have a couple of glaring holes in the first 11 and not much strength in depth but Martinez could certainly get a song out of this squad if he had his best players out.
Englands no1 ain’t much to shout about. Mina gets injured pulling up his socks.

Those current internationals?
Pickford, Mina, Coleman, dcl, iwobi, richarlison, patterson, yarmalenkos cousin. Who else? Rondon?

Deluded

Status
Not open for further replies.