Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have spent just over £95m on 18 players in 3 years, it works out at about £5.2m a player. Whereas in twice that time we have spent x5 that amount.
Says here they’ve spent £140m in 2 years

You think Ferguson would get us relegated?

Hes the only manager since Moyes who weve seen full on helter-skelter football like we used to more frequently under Royle...winning football.

Who would be your choice?

…I’d have major fears with Ferguson, Zat. There might be an attitude reaction over a few games but I have my doubts about his coaching and game management. Remember the puzzlement & confusion of subbing Kean after he’d come on. That didn’t look like a manager in control, he looked frazzled.

Promoting from within after his association with various failures is also a risk. Watching training clips, he seems most involved running the goalscoring competitions at the end, all very jovial.

…I’d have major fears with Ferguson, Zat. There might be an attitude reaction over a few games but I have my doubts about his coaching and game management. Remember the puzzlement & confusion of subbing Kean after he’d come on. That didn’t look like a manager in control, he looked frazzled.

Promoting from within after his association with various failures is also a risk. Watching training clips, he seems most involved running the goalscoring competitions at the end, all very jovial.
Wound u have Rooney?

We still got 19 games to go and in a relegation fight, we can’t afford to dwindle and waste time
So who do you want in this case?

My logic was that a couple of wins in the meantime catapults us up the table (which Dunc provided for us against top opposition last time), changing the dynamic completely where we aren't fearing an existential threat to our Premier League status - at which point it then makes sense to hold on until a) the club's hierarchy is restructured b) the close season will mean that we have a far greater chance of making the right appointment when managers (Rooney, Potter etc.) would be more inclined to leave their respective clubs.

So who do you want in this case?

My logic was that a couple of wins in the meantime catapults us up the table (which Dunc provided for us against top opposition last time), changing the dynamic completely where we aren't fearing an existential threat to our Premier League status - at which point it then makes sense to hold on until a) the club's hierarchy is restructured b) the close season will mean that we have a far greater chance of making the right appointment.
Personally I’d go for Rooney, I don’t think Ferguson has the tactics to get us results. We beat Lampard Chelsea on pure passion, then ran our self’s ragged without any real tactics and Ferguson himself said he struggled to cope

Rooney a long shot but he be cheap, up and coming and doing amazing work at Derby and would unite the fan base mostly.. otherwise your looking at Lampard or Nuno

Says here they’ve spent £140m in 2 years
I wasn't trying to suggest he hadn't spent money but he certainly hasn't wasted the amounts we have and his team can defend and create although they do seem to draw a lot of games. From what I gather he isn't going anywhere and is quite happy at Brighton and as I have said previously his methods/approach are way too advanced for some of the park end da brigade who seem to struggle with the concept of modern football.

No idea who I want. I’d rather see some real significant changes at board level for the better and a culture change before any further potential long term appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.