Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody has to take charge on an interim basis, and the only man for that is Dunc.

Longer term, all the candidates have prior commitments, so it might well be a good opportunity for Dunc to have an extended run, then see what direction they decide in the summer.

I dont dislike Martinez but as mentioned in this thread, his ticka tacka style, and our squad has disaster written all over it.

My first choice would be Rooney. Knows the club and staff inside out. Has passion for the club. Well respected internationally and has Derby playing very good football on a shoe string budget. My only concern is if the job is too early for him.
This absolutely nailed it ?

Potter - won't come unless it's in the summer.

Dunc - can take the Villa game but ultimately we give him it until the end of the season or he needs to move on from Everton because career wise being the man next to 5 failed managers isn't a good look to it

Garcia - untested in the league, country and his CV isn't too hot.

Jose - 5 years ago YES ALL DAY, today not so much plus he would need a shedloads of money.

Rooney - it's just too soon for him and too much of a gamble on a very inexperienced manager.

Lampard - did well at Derby and well at Chelsea but that wasn't until he started to spend money like Little Fat Frank in the sweet shop.

Martinez - if it's interim until the end of the season, possibly but he wants to come back permanently but we paid him £10m to F Off so I doubt Moshiri will be a fan.

For me, I want stability and reliability quickly so Duncan for Villa, get that bounce back appeal and hopefully 3 points in the meanwhile we have drawn up a Manager list plus Director of Football list.

My pick if we can't get Potter,

Nico Kovac - ex Bayern, Monaco and Croatia manager

Double winner at Bayern, took a struggling Monaco from relegation battle to 3rd and won the German Cup with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Left Monaco despite them being 6th so he is free and available now

On his style of play:
"Every coach has his own philosophy, his own way of thinking about football. At Frankfurt, at Bayern, it was different. I have to find the best system and the best tactics for this team. That said, I like intense football. To play with intensity, you have to work hard physically and be in top form. To be at the top tactically and technically, you have to be in good shape. Our first official match is in August so we have time. We'll do our best. When you change clubs, you have to have an overview to decide on the system. It's not easy to define our style but we can play with a four- or five-man defence. Every coach has two or three possible systems. We will see."

On the youngsters: "The important thing is to have a good mix but what matters to me is their level. I'm convinced we'll be able to bring young players back into the first team. We believe in giving opportunities to young players. Young players put pressure on the old ones."

A very very good coach.

Your last line is why he won't even be on the list mate

Only one man for the job.

C1107465-A059-4FEE-82B9-0D786A499802.jpeg

Potter - won't come unless it's in the summer.

Dunc - can take the Villa game but ultimately we give him it until the end of the season or he needs to move on from Everton because career wise being the man next to 5 failed managers isn't a good look to it

Garcia - untested in the league, country and his CV isn't too hot.

Jose - 5 years ago YES ALL DAY, today not so much plus he would need a shedloads of money.

Rooney - it's just too soon for him and too much of a gamble on a very inexperienced manager.

Lampard - did well at Derby and well at Chelsea but that wasn't until he started to spend money like Little Fat Frank in the sweet shop.

Martinez - if it's interim until the end of the season, possibly but he wants to come back permanently but we paid him £10m to F Off so I doubt Moshiri will be a fan.

For me, I want stability and reliability quickly so Duncan for Villa, get that bounce back appeal and hopefully 3 points in the meanwhile we have drawn up a Manager list plus Director of Football list.

My pick if we can't get Potter,

Nico Kovac - ex Bayern, Monaco and Croatia manager

Double winner at Bayern, took a struggling Monaco from relegation battle to 3rd and won the German Cup with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Left Monaco despite them being 6th so he is free and available now

On his style of play:
"Every coach has his own philosophy, his own way of thinking about football. At Frankfurt, at Bayern, it was different. I have to find the best system and the best tactics for this team. That said, I like intense football. To play with intensity, you have to work hard physically and be in top form. To be at the top tactically and technically, you have to be in good shape. Our first official match is in August so we have time. We'll do our best. When you change clubs, you have to have an overview to decide on the system. It's not easy to define our style but we can play with a four- or five-man defence. Every coach has two or three possible systems. We will see."

On the youngsters: "The important thing is to have a good mix but what matters to me is their level. I'm convinced we'll be able to bring young players back into the first team. We believe in giving opportunities to young players. Young players put pressure on the old ones."

A very very good coach.
Rooney, Ferguson, or Lampard for me. Not because the first two are a blue lar, but because none of them would get us relegated, they will all get better and we need to realise where we are and build. Moshiri needs to understand they need time, stop spending mega money on rubbish and build the club and team inch by inch.

One of those will be a great success at some point. Hate to say it but Gerrard will when he gets his dream job, we need our version. Forget foreign managers, they are here for cash full stop. Don't blame them but there is more in it for British managers.

Kenwright choice here

Bring back the same old same old like
Kendall x 2
Rooney
Ferguson
Pienaar
etc etc play on the fans heart strings.

Nostalgia bolloçks just the way he likes it.
Funny thing is mate whoever we appoint I have massive misgivings about, as taking our job shows the aren't aware of just what a mess the clubs is from top to bottom - kinda feel any really ambitious good coach wouldn't go near it

I think before we appoint a new manager we need to sort out the running of the club. This is a farce.
In Kenwright's world, it's a pantomime. I think fans need to start again on the Kenwright out plane fly overs, and more of sack the board and #Moshiri out. This club is going to hell in a handcart right now.

"Other names being discussed include Wayne Rooney, who has done outstanding work at Derby, and Niko Kovac, the former Bayern Munich head coach who is available after leaving Monaco. Moshiri has always liked Jose Mourinho, who is at Roma."

YES. Whoever is putting his name forward needs to go big on it.

They probably just went on "out of contract" on the manager option on transfermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.