Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Appoint a Director of Cheese on Toast

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Dean

Player Valuation: £70m
We have a who's next after Benitez thread. Considering there are reports in the papers that Brands will also be replaced, let's speculate about who might replace him. It beats the endless tedious fume of the Benitez threads anyway.

And for this one I've put in a poll of potential candidates. I've come up with the following and if you want more added then post who you want and I'll add them. So these are the candidates I've come up with:

Dan Ashworth: Brighton DoF. Good reputation in the game. Did a good job transforming the football operation of the England national team along with Southgate. Prior to that had WBA as a steady PL team. Might bring Potter with him who we all suddenly like now since Benitez was hired.

Stuart Webber: Coordinated Huddersfield getting to the PL on a shoestring and I think has done a decent job at Norwich although hasn't managed to turn them into a stable PL team yet. They're at least able to spot decent players and develop them into saleable assets.

Dougie Freedman: Seems to be doing a decent job at Palace, especially transforming the squad from a Hodgson type squad to the one they've got now. Might upset @Alan Whittle though

Michael Emenalo: Did a good job at Chelsea at least in terms of the youth development side

Paul Mitchell: More a recruitment guru than a genuine DoF. Probably has his sights set higher than us.

Michael Edwards: We've got a kopite in the dugout and another one in the boardroom. Might as well get one as DoF. Probably has sights set higher though.

Appoint no one at all and go old school and let the manager do everything

We have a who's next after Benitez thread. Considering there are reports in the papers that Brands will also be replaced, let's speculate about who might replace him. It beats the endless tedious fume of the Benitez threads anyway.

And for this one I've put in a poll of potential candidates. I've come up with the following and if you want more added then post who you want and I'll add them. So these are the candidates I've come up with:

Dan Ashworth: Brighton DoF. Good reputation in the game. Did a good job transforming the football operation of the England national team along with Southgate. Prior to that had WBA as a steady PL team. Might bring Potter with him who we all suddenly like now since Benitez was hired.

Stuart Webber: Coordinated Huddersfield getting to the PL on a shoestring and I think has done a decent job at Norwich although hasn't managed to turn them into a stable PL team yet. They're at least able to spot decent players and develop them into saleable assets.

Dougie Freedman: Seems to be doing a decent job at Palace, especially transforming the squad from a Hodgson type squad to the one they've got now. Might upset @Alan Whittle though

Michael Emenalo: Did a good job at Chelsea at least in terms of the youth development side

Paul Mitchell: More a recruitment guru than a genuine DoF. Probably has his sights set higher than us.

Michael Edwards: We've got a kopite in the dugout and another one in the boardroom. Might as well get one as DoF. Probably has sights set higher though.

Appoint no one at all and go old school and let the manager do everything
Must confess I've never heard of any of them apart from Freedman when he was a player. Wasn't Webber once associated with the RS, or was that someone else?

I often wonder what exactly a Dof finds to do Monday to Friday every week. I suspect I'm old school!

If we are to have one I would think it makes sense for him to be on the same wavelength as the manager. Therefore it makes sense for the Dof to have a major say in appointing the manager, which I don't think has been the case with us.

the DoF, whoever it is , needs to insist on running things, if Moshiri and Manager are allowed to make their own signings it's totally pointless

Need some Balls enough to tell Moshiri to butt out and let him work

Must confess I've never heard of any of them apart from Freedman when he was a player. Wasn't Webber once associated with the RS, or was that someone else?

I often wonder what exactly a Dof finds to do Monday to Friday every week. I suspect I'm old school!

If we are to have one I would think it makes sense for him to be on the same wavelength as the manager. Therefore it makes sense for the Dof to have a major say in appointing the manager, which I don't think has been the case with us.
No idea re Webber's history TBH. Could've been with the RS at some stage. I agree the way we do things is too chaotic to allow a DoF to be successful.

When they’re told in the interview that they won’t have any responsibilities for signing players, as this is the manager or sometimes the owners job, neither can they have any say in the long term planning of the club…..I’m sure they’ll be made up

Status
Not open for further replies.