Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan Ferguson for me. He knows what the club is all about. He's had the experience of several managers now and will know what will make us tick on the pitch. I think he'll also command respect. At 50 I think it will be his last chance. He needs to rid himself of the shackles of being viewed by many as being "part of the problem".

Thoughts on Steve Bruce?

My thoughts are that hes good enough for a lower table team looking to stay up. Thats why he was good at Newcastle but when you got money thats also why he had to go.

The problem is you went from Bruce style of play to howe which is a complete opposite of style from Bruce but also hes terrible defensively (which I believe you were struggling with under bruce) which is not what you needed at your club atm.

No not an upgrade, just a sideways step, so no I wouldn’t be happy with that seeing as Benitez did an abysmal job.

A sideways step in terms of skill then, but it would be without the Liverpool connections, doesn't have the headache of paying for Mourinho (tempted though he'd be to leave Rome, I'm sure) and doesn't eat foreign food (@BainesontoastNEW ). Still sounds like an improvement from your point of view.

Bruce would be good for yous, man.

Bolasie - would give dunc interim with those who know the club, know the expectation. Doesn’t think we are right there in the mix yet.

That’s because they have better payers.
We’d be a shambles with their system
We have some excellent players, England number 1, Brazil’s number 9, the second best English striker, a very competent box to box midfielder, and excellent pacy winger, in Mina a top drawer centre half accompanied by lots of other internationals.

We do have a couple of glaring holes in the first 11 and not much strength in depth but Martinez could certainly get a song out of this squad if he had his best players out.

Status
Not open for further replies.