Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly dont know.
Two managers who have impressed me though recently.
Potter. Brightons football impresses me. Could he build that at Everton with bringing in players he wants. Who knows. But he's a brave forward thinking coach.
De zerbi. Another team thats impressed me was sassuolo under him. Like potter. Forward thinking coach with a style of football that he took it to teams. He's now at shaktar. Doing well in the league. Not so great in the CL mind.
Both would need patience and time as we're a mess.

Potter for me, but he’ll need time.
He already has a team that plays his way with mostly better players. Only DCL/ Richarlison and Pickford would likely get in their side.
He also has 8/9 u21s that are around the first team or on loan learning his tactics and looking exciting.
They're in a new stadium and a new training ground with a sensible owner.

I don't really see what we can offer him.

I don't know if I agree to be honest. The players Potter has at Brighton are similar level to ours in my opinion. If you coach well, you can improve players. When was the last time we saw a clear identity on the ball from an Everton side as a result of good coaching?

Potter would be ideal going forward. I had just assumed that there was no chance he would come here. That's why I had been shouting for Lampard.

The Brighton players are far more technical ball playing, possession based.

This doesn't mean they're "better" overall (we have more quality in vital areas) but in terms of his style, our squad wouldn't be able to play his way.

We don't have ball playing center backs.
Our midfielders aren't possession based (they have 15 classified midfielders in there 1st team compared to our 10)
We don't have a false 9 striker.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to eventually pull something off but not with this squad and would need time

He already has a team that plays his way with mostly better players. Only DCL/ Richarlison and Pickford would likely get in their side.
He also has 8/9 u21s that are around the first team or on loan learning his tactics and looking exciting.
They're in a new stadium and a new training ground with a sensible owner.

I don't really see what we can offer him.
I totally agree, the time to get him would’ve been pre-FSW. He’d be mad to leave Brighton and come to a broken club.

I honestly dont know.
Two managers who have impressed me though recently.
Potter. Brightons football impresses me. Could he build that at Everton with bringing in players he wants. Who knows. But he's a brave forward thinking coach.
De zerbi. Another team thats impressed me was sassuolo under him. Like potter. Forward thinking coach with a style of football that he took it to teams. He's now at shaktar. Doing well in the league. Not so great in the CL mind.
Both would need patience and time as we're a mess.

I think we all probably rolled our eyes in the summer at Potter but I'd be willing to give him 3 years to build something as long as relegation doesn't look like a possibility.

We're all fed up of sacking managers but we are on a hiding to nothing with Benitez. It's not healthy for a club to have so much antipathy towards the manager.

I've never been a fan of 'directors of football'. I'd rather see a younger manager in charge of the playing staff from youth upwards. Several people need to go first though, from Kenwright down to Unsworth. That lot will relegate this club.

….that means being an outstanding coach isn’t enough. We saw it with Colin Harvey, tactically astute but not the best in the transfer market.

its not having a DoF that’s the problem, it’s having the right DoF and giving them the responsibility the role requires.

I don't know if I agree to be honest. The players Potter has at Brighton are similar level to ours in my opinion. If you coach well, you can improve players. When was the last time we saw a clear identity on the ball from an Everton side as a result of good coaching?

Potter would be ideal going forward. I had just assumed that there was no chance he would come here. That's why I had been shouting for Lampard.
The entire defence for Brighton is better than any defenders we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.