Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all probably rolled our eyes in the summer at Potter but I'd be willing to give him 3 years to build something as long as relegation doesn't look like a possibility.

We're all fed up of sacking managers but we are on a hiding to nothing with Benitez. It's not healthy for a club to have so much antipathy towards the manager.

The club wasnt brave enough to go for potter. He's potential and thats all he is.
But i watch Everton all the time. I get to watch brighton now and then. Ive seen brighton play better stuff in the now and then than i have Everton in all the time.
We're dull. And now dull and crap.
No idea if potter would have ever worked here but christ i wouldnt mind seeing a positive clearly forward thinking coach at Everton. Even if to just to think we might be going in the right way.

The club wasnt brave enough to go for potter. He's potential and thats all he is.
But i watch Everton all the time. I get to watch brighton now and then. Ive seen brighton play better stuff in the now and then than i have Everton in all the time.
We're dull. And now dull and crap.
No idea if potter would have ever worked here but christ i wouldnt mind seeing a positive clearly forward thinking coach at Everton. Even if to just to think we might be going in the right way.

That's my reasoning too. Potter could be a disaster but at least it's rolling the dice and giving us some hope. With Benitez we already know how it's going to end. Plod along until his eventual departure.

I’m not a huge fan of R.A.F.A, but I’ve never known a manager suffer with so many injuries. Even Pickford has been out this season! We really
missed the likes of
Digne, Doucoure (desperately!) and we are of course still missing our best defender (Mina) and our only centre-forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The media has mocked our fan-base mercilessly today because some blues left the derby after just 19 minutes. One pundit said our fans were the worst in the world! That is a ludicrous overreaction because it was only a tiny number that left. When it was 2-1 and we nearly equalised I thought “I bet they’re regretting leaving so early”.It really looked like we might get something out of the game. Sadly their decision turned out to be vindicated. Had they stayed to cheer our team on, though, the outcome of the match might have been different. It might have given our lads a lift.
The bold text does not really support your last two sentences.

Ralf Rangnick has come across very well in his interviews so far since joining Man U.

He was continually linked to the Everton job in years gone by. Does anyone know why we haven’t recruited him?

Just had a quick look back through the vaults. Graham Potter's popularity absolutely sky rocketed on here from one day to the next. That day being when Benitez was hired

I wanted potter here before benitez at Everton was even a rumour.
I watched them at home v man city and chelsea at the beginning of last season. They lost both games. But they had both of them on the ropes. They just didnt have the quality up top to finish off the really good football.
I watch Everton v the likes of city and we're bending over for them from the first minute.
The club needs to start somewhere with a coach who will change that mentality. I dont know if its potter. But he has shown signs that he ticks boxes of a fresh style of football that i would welcome here. We are currently dead in so many aspects of the game. Dead and sinking fast.

Ralf Rangnick has come across very well in his interviews so far since joining Man U.

He was continually linked to the Everton job in years gone by. Does anyone know why we haven’t recruited him?
Knowing our board they'd have been intensely uncomfortable having him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.