Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the opposition to him at all. People seem terrified of giving young managers a chance. The man is a born winner, an elite player who won't tolerate crap standards in the dressing room. He got top 4 with young players during a transfer ban, after his best player was sold.

The main point against him from posters seems to be he isn't Tuchel. If that's the bar we are setting for a new manager, then I am afraid we are not going to find anyone.
I would be on board with Lampard, he has stated after not being interested in the Norwich job, that he wants to get back into management, but, is not desperate to do so, he would, however, jump at the right job.

The question is, would he view 2021 Everton as the right job? I know I would think twice about it if I were in his place.

• Haha
Reactions: Ivo
I would be on board with Lampard, he has stated after not being interested in the Norwich job, that he wants to get back into management, but, is not desperate to do so, he would, however, jump at the right job.

The question is, would he view 2021 Everton as the right job? I know I would think twice about it if I were in his place.
He won't be getting a bigger job any time soon.

Won't be getting a tougher one either.

Ralf Rangnick has come across very well in his interviews so far since joining Man U.

He was continually linked to the Everton job in years gone by. Does anyone know why we haven’t recruited him?

He's far too clever to let Moshiri have a say in transfers

Would probably clear out the coaching staff which Bill weeps just thinking about

Knowing our board they'd have been intensely uncomfortable having him there.

I think a lot of our links with him are due, in part, with him being on record as saying that when he was a student in London in the 80’s he used to travel to Everton games whenever he could and that it was Everton that gave him his love of English football.

I think a lot of our links with him are due, in part, with him being on record as saying that when he was a student in London in the 80’s he used to travel to Everton games whenever he could and that it was Everton that gave him his love of English football.
I think he was a genuine candidate at one stage, but he wouldn't have put up with our board and DOF

He won't be getting a bigger job any time soon.

Won't be getting a tougher one either.
That’s the problem, for a young coach, the Everton job could either establish them as a top manager, or, completely kill their career before it had properly started. If it’s to be a young coach, and I really hope it is, it will need to be somebody with great self confidence and ambition.

I don't get the opposition to him at all. People seem terrified of giving young managers a chance. The man is a born winner, an elite player who won't tolerate crap standards in the dressing room. He got top 4 with young players during a transfer ban, after his best player was sold.

The main point against him from posters seems to be he isn't Tuchel. If that's the bar we are setting for a new manager, then I am afraid we are not going to find anyone.
Think the key problem is there is a world of difference between Chelsea's youth setup and ours. There are probably players in their yourh team that would get into our 1st team.
That ban coupled with poor coaching has hammered us and is yet another part of the perfect storm we find ourselves in.

Status
Not open for further replies.