Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I expect from Lampard this season with this squad is survival. Next summer both finances and players out of contract will really be the opportunity to rebuild, then he can be truly judged. To achieve that he needs to ensure we don’t end up looking like relegation favourites as the board will then have to act and replace him.

Well, the time is almost upon us.

I admit I have flip flopped over this.

I want him to succeed but if he fails to get some points asap he’ll be gone in which case we have wasted the perfect opportunity to replace him and get someone in who could get his ideas across etc. before the season recommences.

If we pick up some points and have a good second half of the season we’ll be delighted we stuck with him, especially as keep changing Managers is not a good idea for many reasons.

Either way there’s going to be many peoples opinions that will be born out with the beauty of hindsight.

For me, it’s obvious now he’s being given at least a little while longer so even though I was torn between replace and keep it’s time to push doubts to the side and get behind Frank and the team because if he is let go it will mean we have continued to struggle and there will be even more games gone, possibly more money spent on players (for how Frank wants to play not a new Manager) and less time for someone to get their ideas across.

I’m not going to get dramatic and say the next few weeks are make or break for us but they are certainly going to have a big impact.

Just a little side story about Frank

I have been searching through my live videos trying to find footage to show everybody, the live television camera’s didnt broadcast it either unfortunately

But after the Western Sydney Wanderers game one of our lads ran on the pitch and took the security for a bit of a jog… as they got hold of them they were ragdolling him

Frank sprinted from where he was shaking hands with the players etc and got into a huge tussle with two of the massive Polynesian security guards.
Was impressive to see, he shoved them off tried to shield the lad and get him free and wasn’t taking a backwards step. Wasn’t like security were taking it easy either they had no idea who he was

Was nice to see, not saying we should base keeping him on that (i have plenty of other reasons i support him)

Just a note as i haven’t seen anybody talking about it
I'll take relegation so. What a man.

All I expect from Lampard this season with this squad is survival. Next summer both finances and players out of contract will really be the opportunity to rebuild, then he can be truly judged. To achieve that he needs to ensure we don’t end up looking like relegation favourites as the board will then have to act and replace him.
Our shots conceded, chances created and league position already suggest we are relegation candidates

Bang on that.

After the derby was taking with loads of people in the pubs around the ground and there was a general consensus that we were heading in the right direction. The feeling was (and I believe still is with the match going fans by and large), that when we inevitably hit a sticky patch we shouldn’t soil the bed and need to ride it out.

I think things will pick up if we have a little patience. Unfortunately this is an alien concept to some of the keyboard warriors on here.
I think the derby revealed our problem and theirs at the time, we don't have a proper striker, Lukaku only needed one chance to score. Maupay should of buried that chance, the messing about since Rom left has been appalling, teams push extra players forward, cos they know we've got nothing up front.

Our shots conceded, chances created and league position already suggest we are relegation candidates
We were relegation candidates at the start of the season, and the majority of last season. The tipping point will be if we start becoming a favourite to go down. A win against Wolves buys him more time. Lose against Wolves and then presumably against City and we probably hit the drop zone and Lampard would probably only get a couple of games in January to get back out of it or face the inevitable. Wolves game is massive for his immediate future.

He's been very lucky in a number of ways. We'd have another defeat to our name if the Arsenal game hadn't been postponed. He's very lucky that he's been given a six-week break in the middle of the season because of the World Cup. I think he'd have been sacked already if it wasn't for the World Cup.

He's been very lucky in a number of ways. We'd have another defeat to our name if the Arsenal game hadn't been postponed. He's very lucky that he's been given a six-week break in the middle of the season because of the World Cup. I think he'd have been sacked already if it wasn't for the World Cup.

Still think we’ll rue the mistake of not getting a new manager in and giving him the 6 weeks to implement his approach.

I have no doubt we’ll sack Lampard in January.

That’s what pre-season was for mate. It’ll be the same players with the same management that we’ve had all season, I’m not exactly sure what people are expecting to change?
Getting players back to fitness (Godfrey, Mina, DCL, closer to in Townsend’s case), working on what didn’t go well before the break and look at improving on it etc

But no by all means be a miserable pessimist

Status
Not open for further replies.