Which player did you want to be when you were growing up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last of the Corinthians ,Brian Labone ,modelled my game around him.Played Centre Half at a time of cloggers quagmire pitches he could play 90 mins ,not committee a foul and still walk off the pitch with a clean kit.Or was that just a kids admiration for a player , at the back of the boys pen [ Signed Blue Bill ]

The last of the Corinthians ,Brian Labone ,modelled my game around him.Played Centre Half at a time of cloggers quagmire pitches he could play 90 mins ,not committee a foul and still walk off the pitch with a clean kit.Or was that just a kids admiration for a player , at the back of the boys pen [ Signed Blue Bill ]
Loved him, and had the incredible pleasure of meeting him in Goodison Rd before a match - he was so nice to me and my family. Sadly he died all too young shortly afterwards.

An absolute legend...but as I was a rubbish header of a ball, I was never a CB.

Not bad as RHF (Remember them?). In GAA football, I was completely impassable as a RFB - Sandy Brown probably my influence!! Never mind the ball..... :)

I wish I knew your name Eggs as I bet I would have seen you play for Liverpool Boys and further up the ladder and I would have given an honest opinion on your bladder, tell me your position so I can keep guessing, I know you were the same age as John Bailey, could you drink as good as John!!

….ha, ha. Goalscorer but we wore baggy shorts when I played.

Has to be Perlo them darn locks ...and that wand of course, Everton....well has to be Reidy. What an attitude for such a small fella. Tenacious!!

Musicians for me, didn't really idealise any footballer and I was fairly good until it was training on Saturday morning or drink and weed at the park at 16 on a Friday night lol

My favourite was also a centre half from long a go, possibly the best player who ever played for the Blues T G Jones, I saw him through the eyes of a very young boy, he absolutely mesmerised me, a fabulous footballing centre half who never seemed to go to ground but just anticipated moves seconds before they came off and came away with the ball.
My Dad's ashes moved in agreement with that comment, CM

Status
Not open for further replies.