Which player did you want to be when you were growing up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
….only Alan Ball. ironically, I was one of those prolific schoolboy/youth goalscorers attracting the attention of clubs and never really played a similar role to the player i idolised.
I wish I knew your name Eggs as I bet I would have seen you play for Liverpool Boys and further up the ladder and I would have given an honest opinion on your bladder, tell me your position so I can keep guessing, I know you were the same age as John Bailey, could you drink as good as John!!

Modelled my game as a centre back on Ratcliffe. Same blistering pace, same ability to not be prolific scoring goals.
My favourite was also a centre half from long a go, possibly the best player who ever played for the Blues T G Jones, I saw him through the eyes of a very young boy, he absolutely mesmerised me, a fabulous footballing centre half who never seemed to go to ground but just anticipated moves seconds before they came off and came away with the ball.

I wish I knew your name Eggs as I bet I would have seen you play for Liverpool Boys and further up the ladder and I would have given an honest opinion on your bladder, tell me your position so I can keep guessing, I know you were the same age as John Bailey, could you drink as good as John!!
Don’t know where “ bladder “ came from I wrote ability, apologies for any offence, none was intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.