What would be the most important factors in making an Everton takeover a success?

What for you would be the 3 greatest priorities in an Everton takeover?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see this on the forum, not much in the way of news of how this is going on, but to me its all about revenues, stadium and squad. I would love to see the blues win trophies again as per #ijjysmith comment, and be bored going to Wembley every six months just like it was in the 80's.

Everton is still a massive club with fantastic support we need investment to put us back on the map

On another forum by the way Toffeeweb (apologies if this is not normally allowed ) I could not believe the negativity of the people, before a agreement has been met or a penny paid.

I want us to be able to compete at the highest level without feeling inferior to the opposition when it comes to the crunch. Maintaining our identity and keeping in touch with our history is a high priority for me, preferably doing this at an improved and imposing Goodison Park. I don't demand we win everything, but I'd like us to be in the mix along with the usual suspects. I'd also like a big money player to sign for us instead of 'them lot' because of a desire to win things, it's been too long.

1 2 7

Squad ground (assuming WHP is the best option) values.

Trophies are not the be all and end all. They will come with the right commitment - a well run club will generate income and build success. Many of those who fail are those who are in it to make a quick buck.

Difficult list to choose from, picked maintaining our values first, I love the small things that make the club special, that make it still feel like it's part of the community rather that a big business,
If possible I would prefer Goodison to be redeveloped though I could understand it being swapped for a new development
Thirdly to increase the commercial side I feel we constantly miss out, we should have a huge foothold in USA after the links we have had with them, Australia is another after Cahill and his time here, the sponsorship with Chang seems wasted as an opportunity to push ourselves in Asia

The Everton values option is a catch all. For me, not putting up ticket prices in a way that rinses the fan base is an Everton value, in that fundamentally the club should always respect the core fan base above other concerns.

I thus selected Everton values, redeveloping Goodison (As a preferred option over a new stadium, though that is also legitimate) and investing in the squad.

To me, two are top necessities and the rest follow from this: commitment to Everton brand/values and increase commercial revenue. The squad must be supported and the stadium must get sorted out, but there's probably more than one way to handle each of these correctly.

Increasing revenues is the main one for me, that should lead to a stronger squad, which was my second choice. My third one was maintaining our values.

If increasing revenues leads to better cashflow then, putting an emotional tie to Goodison to one side, then I'm easy either way on the new stadium / redevelopment option, though emotionally I'd prefer to stay put and redevelop.

While I agree that increasing revenues is cruical, for me that's more a matter of adequate management of the club. Of course I want the owners to be committed to making the club more efficiently and successfully run at the business end of things, but the main criteria for a takeover should be the financial investment into the club, the commitment to core club values and the ambition to make Everton competitive at the highest level.

already had my mind made up based upon thread title - Keeping Everton Everton... what makes this club so special in the right ways.

amusingly my three selections are the top three. seems many of the same mind.

Would love a redeveloped Goodison if it was possible.

A lot of the options beget the others, for example better marketing and revenue - more money for new stands/stadium/players

i'm happy for a new stadium as long as the owners understand the value of the club. It's certain goodison is far from modern and needs a lot of work, maybe a new stadium will help the commercial side of things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.