What would be the most important factors in making an Everton takeover a success?

What for you would be the 3 greatest priorities in an Everton takeover?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1, 2 & 6.

Long term, we need more money for transfers and a new stadium if we're going to compete with the big players in the league.

If we can do this whilst also retaining our values, then we're laughing.

Securing the existing squad and providing a good budget for summer strengthening?

Current squad > new stadium. The extra 5m p/a from a new stadium 5 years from now won't buy Lukaku back.

A commitment to redeveloping Goodison Park within a defined period?

A standard new stadium is a point of parity; developing Goodison could be a point of difference.

If they purchased the Red Sox they wouldn't show up, announce they were knocking down Fenway, and have everyone celebrate.

I'm not sure why we consider a stadium that's 20 years older less important to our identity. If it's all about "revenue!!!!" then I would suggest you need to be a more creative thinker because Goodison can MAKE us money in the right hands. Unless all of a sudden our history is way less important than that of rounders?

Other (please explain below)

Chico once famously declared, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results."

So I stand with the 1.9%. "Other." Do something different. Something nobody here suggested. If this is a business like every pretends then we can't ignore opportunities just because "that's not football."

Our revenue streams need be to be widened and diversified. If we're not doing something different than Spurs and West Ham and the RS then we are losing.

Us doing *only* the same things as those teams will result in us falling behind. There can be no other outcome. You're all suggesting a course of action that can do nothing but leave us behind.

It has to be "other" or we lose.

I really wish the people who talk about new stadiums and commercial revenue would actually use some numbers to highlight EXACTLY what you are discussing is SO incredibly important. How much extra revenue do you think is in commercial events FFS? Even with a better experience we won't get close to London numbers -- it's a mil or two extra. I'll take it sure but a top priority?!?!?!?!?!?

Frankly if the new owners need someone to point out the opportunity in commercial revenue then we're utterly doomed. I'm not saying it's not (somewhat) important but I can't highlight this enough: our CEO makes sub-optimal decisions on a routine basis. The only reason we are talking about this is his obscene failings at the most basic aspects of being in charge. This is basic stuff. The idea that a new group is going to arrive and we're going to encourage them to develop commercial opportunities is kind of hilarious. Can we add an option to keep the loo stocked with toilet paper too please? I'm worried they won't think of that.

For me the product on the field is the most important. So the first agenda item should be the team players and continued investing over the summer/subsequent windows.

While it is very cynical, winning is in fact, everything. People support winners and the bandwagon is real but so is the money it generates. Backing a winning team or a good on the field product should lead to a revenue stream that solves other issues like the stadium.

My opinion for what little its worth are:

New stadium
Transfer Kitty/keeping players
Increasing Commercial deals

I didn't select the price freeze option as I believe the new owners would want a return on any investment they put in. I know that the TV deal comes into place but I feel that will only increase player transfer fees, wages and agents fees. I know its a horrible thought, but in order to keep up with everyone else we must pay the going rate, hence why league positioning is of paramount importance for me right now.

I would like to stay at a redeveloped Goodison as would everyone else, I do feel that in order to move completely forward we would need to buy a new stadium anyway. The focus seems to be on corporate packages these days, I look at the European giants and see a lot of glass windows - corporate boxes, they are everywhere and on the increase, couple that with the need for new transport links and parking around the local area, it seems like too much hassle for the sake of keeping old memories - some good and some bad. If we do move from Goodison then I will find it hard to not shed a tear but if it is the dawn of a new, successful era then I am all for it.

The corporate boxes also link in with the commercial side of things, in the sense that I would like to see Everton become self sufficient as much as possibly viable, relying on a investor for the majority of our funds would be quite risky I feel. That is unless we do a Manchester City and invest heavily into our training facilities and other projects that will give us stability.

If any of the above happens then I will expect to see increases in season tickets and such.

Wowwww that njernijljyjjj guy sounds like he was about to have a breakdown !

We need figures @The Esk otherwise this thread is pointless :cheers:

There are figures on various threads, I'll get them together and put them in this thread, good call.

Made it sound like I was a genius for a second there mate, it was more sarcasm than anything lol credit goes to that guy with the Icelandic volcano name from a few years back :D

I've just watched the video of Niasse at FF as part of the Everton in The Community programme. This is probably covered by " maintaining Everton's values" but for me EiTC is a source of immense pride in the way it works, how players and staff get involved and the association it has with being an Evertonian. It'll never win us any cups, get us a new ground or sell us as a better business but the new owners should be shown this aspect of our club because it comes as part of the package, and a clear message should be " You don't have to be actively involved, it'll still run without you as a separate entity, but it's a huge part of our values, don't do anything to change it"

Id pop some more seats in the corner gaps, reinforce the roof and remove the pylons and give the whole joint a spit shine.

Voila.

First things first. To have a successful takeover, you need a takeover...

zg9rb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.