What would be the most important factors in making an Everton takeover a success?

What for you would be the 3 greatest priorities in an Everton takeover?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1, 2, and 7.

Squad because if we lose the core of our young squad we lose touch with competition at this important time (PL funding, changeover of ownership).
New stadium - don't think it is practical or cost-effective to redevelop Goodison to a decent level within a defined timescale, despite being preferred solution if a magic wand was in possession. If it could be shown that it was (compulsory purchase of land, council backing), then I would vote for Goodison but I would fear the interminable Anfield community saga. My ideal would be new stadium within the football village scenario.
Core values are what make us different and I would hope that any new owner would have been attracted by those. (Which is why I would not be in favour of a Chinese takeover with state involvement.)

.....for me I think there is a key 'strategic' option missing. By strategic I mean long-term plans. Securing existing player resource and increasing summer spending is too short term a view to me. Similarly, I'm not passionate about redeveloping Goodison or moving to a new ground as long as it supports the strategic direction.

I want a take over that takes the club forward from an infrastructure and playing perspective. How this is funded is also critical, loans against club income might secure a new ground or improved Goodison but it will not change the hand to mouth existence we currently have in the transfer market.

Get everton to believe they are great club they were always as good as any club in Europe but I think they take to mush notice of the negative press they of the so called exsperts on tv and papers get rid of moyes inferior complex and start being the great club we were and are live up to what it say on the badge we are great and greater than most start believing it don't trust so called exsperts

.....for me I think there is a key 'strategic' option missing. By strategic I mean long-term plans. Securing existing player resource and increasing summer spending is too short term a view to me. Similarly, I'm not passionate about redeveloping Goodison or moving to a new ground as long as it supports the strategic direction.

I want a take over that takes the club forward from an infrastructure and playing perspective. How this is funded is also critical, loans against club income might secure a new ground or improved Goodison but it will not change the hand to mouth existence we currently have in the transfer market.

Have to balance short term and long term gains, an issue very familiar to Earl, but entirely agree that the long term success may be quite independent of short term goals, and new owners must understand the big picture.

A commitment to a redeveloped Goodison, commitment to increase sponsorship and commercial activities and adhering to the values of Everton Football Club and what it means to us days are the most important aspects for me.

IF Goodison 100% can't be redeveloped then I want a plan outlined for a new build and Moores and Noell to bulldoze down the Echo Arena and pop our new stadium right there thank you please.

The stadium and better commercial and sponsorship revenues should take care of on the field matters such as player recruitment.

I'm hoping they leave football matters to those that understand football but the business side of things is where they really push us on and market us better than the 2 bob bill and ben's whose job it currently is to bring in such revenue.
3, 4 and 7?

I agree with your choices and your reasons.

A takeover is about more than just funding the next couple of player transfers, and the tv money coming in has helped us make up a bit of ground in that regard anyway. The club needs to improve substantially in terms of commercial and sponsorship revenues whilst retaining its identity as a traditional club steeped in an amazing history. Redeveloping Goodison is an emotional preference, but I wouldn't be against a new ground provided it wasn't a soulless Ikea flatpack like so many others are.

3, 4 and 7?

I agree with your choices and your reasons.

A takeover is about more than just funding the next couple of player transfers, and the tv money coming in has helped us make up a bit of ground in that regard anyway. The club needs to improve substantially in terms of commercial and sponsorship revenues whilst retaining its identity as a traditional club steeped in an amazing history. Redeveloping Goodison is an emotional preference, but I wouldn't be against a new ground provided it wasn't a soulless Ikea flatpack like so many others are.

Spot on.

3,4,6.For me these are the three main requirements needed to create the new structure of the club.Redeveloping Goodison is proven to be cheaper than a new build and the other two points explain themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.