What would be the most important factors in making an Everton takeover a success?

What for you would be the 3 greatest priorities in an Everton takeover?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Increasing revenues is the main one for me, that should lead to a stronger squad, which was my second choice. My third one was maintaining our values.

If increasing revenues leads to better cashflow then, putting an emotional tie to Goodison to one side, then I'm easy either way on the new stadium / redevelopment option, though emotionally I'd prefer to stay put and redevelop.

The reason I went with 1 before the others was that football is so weighted towards success on the pitch. Get into the CL on a regular basis and not only do your revenues increase because of that, but it's much easier to secure the extra commercial revenue because brands have a bigger profile to latch onto.

Of course there are things the club can do to be better at improving our revenues as a club that finishes 5-7th on average, but I don't think it would be a deal-breaking amount. Ditto for a stadium really. When a new stadium might earn you an extra Steven Naismith in revenue a year, it puts things into perspective doesn't it?

Secure and strengthen our current squad (short term)

Then improve our sponsorship and commercial financial streams (short - medium term)

Then a longer term plan (due to the process and build timeframes) in place for a new stadium

*if they can do all that while maintaining our core values, I'd be more than happy

Redevelop Goodison, (no obstructed views), safe standing in Glwadys St lower, provide hostile/uncomfortable environment for visiting teams, 50,000 capacity, reduce tickets by 50%, fill the ground for every match.
36,000 x £40 vs 50,000 x £20 = reduction of £7.6m over 19 games. Surely that can be recouped through the extra TV revenue and create the best atmosphere in England.
Players will want to come and trophies will follow.
Would you like me to approach the new owners with these simple suggestions and return our match days to entertaining and incredible experiences?

1,4 and other.

1 as this would hopefully facilitate increased revenue by way of prize money/ TV screenings, the vast majority of which could only be either accumulated, expensed, or spent on infrastructure.

4 enables 1 even if nothing were done in respect of a move or upgrading at GP

Other - 100% non leveraged buyout is the best thing for the club, but an initial 90%+ leaving a disparate group of shareholders with emotional ties would also work. This would increase the possibility of a rights issue and "free" money to achieve 2 or 3.

2,4 and 7. I just want us to improve commercially and get a better standing in world football.

I appreciate companies like Umbro but we need deals like/close to those of Liverpool and Chelsea when it comes to sponsorships and kit manufacturing.

Also, no more kitbag like deals.

Where's the form a mass party of the working class to take the league and abolish the private ownwership of the means of production option?

A patient fan base who realise that any change will take time and not happen overnight.

Other than that, I'd love to redevelop Goodison.

voted 7, but i hope any potential buyer dosen't end up Leveraging the club to within an inch of it's life.

With the likelihood of a takeover of Everton increasing I thought it would be interesting to see what would make a takeover a success for you individually and collectively?

Please answer the poll and explain in a post your answers.

Thank you.

Values for me. Especially what we do in the community as it's head and shoulders above what other clubs do, not to mention the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.