What would be the most important factors in making an Everton takeover a success?

What for you would be the 3 greatest priorities in an Everton takeover?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • If King's Dock was happening right now (the initial development) and we had an average or even really good squad I'd say focus on King's Dock because it's such a rare opportunity that won't exist if we wait.

• Having players like Lukaku, Del, Barkley etc. at Everton is a rare opportunity that won't exist if we wait.
They need to secure and add for at least two years and give this group a chance to win. Once we're a CL team we can build a stadium (REDEVELOP GOODISON!) partially with all that extra income.

The extra 5-10m from a new/redeveloped Goodison isn't going to help us sign anyone exciting if we're finishing 12th.

(Also in terms of the stadium you can't buy the story of Goodison -- it's perfect for our "brand" [sorry].)

So the squad is by far my first choice; followed by redeveloping Goodison ... then the rest is just stuff they should be doing. Developing corporate, match-day and merchandise revenue is just a basic part of their jobs. I realize the current regime did such a horrific job it seems like some special point of focus but really it's just the job. It's not actually a thing which should be noticed at all by supporters -- it's only the current regime's failures which shine a spotlight on this. Generally it's boring stuff we shouldn't worry about.

Deciding to invest initially more resources into the squad than the stadium is a strategic decision I feel compelled to encourage; I'll be excited about new owners if developing those other revenue streams was just standard operating procedure that goes without saying.

Values are the most important thing for me. This is a family club first and foremost. The work the club does with communities, former players (the non millionaire ones!) and the like is really important to me. If this club loses that connection with the local area, socially if not physically, then we become just another business. We should, obviously, seek to increase our revenues and support nationally and internationally but not at the expense of our history and links with the local community. Even if, and some will lambast me for this, that means less on field success.

Would love a new Stadium but can't see it being viable, hate to see a half arsed Goodison redevelopment. I think this is the most likely scenario. Chunks of the stadium gone for each season until completed.

The reason I went with 1 before the others was that football is so weighted towards success on the pitch. Get into the CL on a regular basis and not only do your revenues increase because of that, but it's much easier to secure the extra commercial revenue because brands have a bigger profile to latch onto.

Of course there are things the club can do to be better at improving our revenues as a club that finishes 5-7th on average, but I don't think it would be a deal-breaking amount. Ditto for a stadium really. When a new stadium might earn you an extra Steven Naismith in revenue a year, it puts things into perspective doesn't it?

Chicken and egg situation really. To invest in the squad beyond current revenues can happen, but you have to know with a fair degree of certainty that you're investing money based on where revenues will be in, say, 12 months time.

So, if you've forecast an increase of 10 to 15 million, then you can include it in your budget. Admittedly a large injection of external capital directly into the squad would be nice, but you then have to keep one beady eye on FFP.

1, 3, and 4 for me.

Don't discount the power of this club to find Evertonians wherever they may be. The key to this becoming a success is whether this group can genuinely become Evertonians, while they chase their dream. Can they absorb the culture, understand why and how this club is what it is, and make good business decisions while they take to heart the passion and the history of this club in this place? If so, it's the start of something wonderful, and #7 will not be an issue. Should they find a way to redevelop Goodison, that will be a massive tell that you've got them right where you want them.

Don't discount the power of this club just because its yours.

Just for those who voted for: "A strong commitment from our new owners to maintaining Everton's values"

Bill made a promise he'd do the same, and told us he'd sell up as soon as there was a buyer. You can state all the commitments you like - it's delivering on them that counts.

Securing the existing squad and providing a good budget for summer strengthening

A commitment to redeveloping Goodison Park within a defined period

A strong commitment from our new owners to maintaining Everton's values

--

My number one fear for this takeover is the notion that our best players might leave in the Summer. If they can come in and secure this existing squad while providing a good Summer budget, I'd be very happy.

The stadium issue (new/redevelop) isn't as big a deal to me as it might be to other fans. I know something needs to be done, but I'm not really bothered about the route they take. I picked redevelopment purely because I don't make it to Goodison very often and I'd like to be able to visit more in the future. It is a very special place.

The commitment to maintaining values is also very important. We are the people's club and need to stay that way. As far as I'm concerned this also includes the issue of ticket prices. If our values don't change then our ticket prices won't either. Things like George's goal of the month make us who we are and the new owners would do well to remember that.

Also, fantastic thread @The Esk mate.

Securing the existing squad and providing a good budget for summer strengthening?

Players will come & go. If a player wants out, they generally get their way. We have to do better on the pitch than we currently are (League position wise) as well as in the boardroom.

The release of an agreed plan for a new stadium within a defined time period?

The kopites had Stanley Park & nowt came of it....How much did they waste on that? And there didn't even get a spade in the ground.

A commitment to redeveloping Goodison Park within a defined period?

Preferred option; rather than to go through the rigmarole of searching, designating & obtaining permission for a new site - which, as the above proves - isn't guaranteed.

A commitment to increasing commercial and sponsorship revenues?

An absolute necessity! We all know what no dough means - why this hasn't had a lot more votes is puzzling to me. Still want kitbag? Still want chang? Didn't think so...

A complete takeover, removal of the Board, no matter how funded?

Whilst I'd love to see each & every one of them removed, not at the cost of any leveraged buyout. If they're bought out then it should be exclusively with the purchaser(s) own funds.

A buyout of existing board members and a commitment to future funding?

Yes please - Speaks for itself. Again; so few votes???
(Dunno why it went in big font?!)

A strong commitment from our new owners to maintaining Everton's values?

The question before this would be proof enough, so not sure why this is getting so many votes and the above (A more pertinent question, imo) isn't.

A guarantee that ticket prices will not increase for period of the next broadcasting deal (2016-19)?

Can't guarantee that absolutely imo, but perhaps a cap on any future increase might be more feasible? After all, these new owners might not hang around with redevelopment/ re-locating. Eventually it'll need to be paid for...

I'll go 1, 3, and 7

1. If the new owners/majority shareholders can keep this squad together, then add to it over the summer - that can only be good! The smallest word in that sentence is "if" but I think in some ways it's going to be a very big if!!

3 & 7. Because when it comes to Everton I'm a bit of a sentimental older git....................

Some of the greatest memories in my life , apart from the day I got married and the day our kids were born, have taken place inside Goodison Park. If we ever move from there I, and a few thousand others will probably shed a tear or two, nowhere else will ever come close!

Finally I love the stuff that Everton gets up to off the pitch. EITC, the George Shaw type stuff, it all makes Everton Football Club unique (Born not Manufactured!) and I for one hope we never lose sight of that side of things!

1, 2, and 4 for me. The core has already been constructed to be able to compete at the very highest level, we just have to build around our "fab four" and we will remain competitive for years and years to come. To have on our books four U-23 players who all have the potential to be legitimately world class(and not the "world class" that gets bandied about by every tom and harry about a player who has a good six months, but genuine world class), we must do everything in our power to secure them for the long term. This squad is there or nearly there, a goalkeeper and a left wing is all this starting XI need to be able to really compete for top four, and not just be mentioned in passing as a dark horse.

A new stadium is increasingly needed, as from what I've read of these new owners they aren't going to be sticking around long term, or at least not longer than the next decade. If that is indeed the case(by all means correct me if I'm wrong), then in order to attract the type of investors with the funds that could put us among the real heavyweights of world football, I think a new stadium is an absolute must. If some immensely wealthy individual is looking about for a club to buy, the aforementioned established, competitive squad and a brand spanking new stadium would look mighty attractive indeed. I've read that some wealthy investors have been put off by the stadium question during Mr. Kenwright's stewardship, so answering that question is essential for the future of the club. I am far from opposed to the redevelopment of Goodison, but I think a new stadium is unfortunately the more likely option.

And four because we have an absurd amount of untapped potential in terms of commercial income and especially our sponsors. As lovely as the Chang symbol looks on our shirts, the money we rake in from it being our main shirt sponsor(especially for a club of our size) is paltry in the extreme. I won't pretend to know much of anything about economics, but from the comments posted by people far more well versed in the subject than I, it's an absolute must.

I would love a strong commitment to Everton values as well, but practicality must take precedence over sentimentality at present.

1&7 for me though I didn't see an option to increase funding for all aspects of the club not just the first team squad. option 7 because I don't want to see our identity as a community not just a football club eroded.

Status
Not open for further replies.