What would be the most important factors in making an Everton takeover a success?

What for you would be the 3 greatest priorities in an Everton takeover?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two, four and six.

I'm fine with players going as long as they're replaced, and I think we make up the more arbitrary things such as values as we go along anyway.

I just want to see evidence of a desire to take advantage of the incredible opportunities afforded by the Premier League. Between Johnson and Kenwright, this club has been failed on so, so many levels, and it's about time we started to reap the rewards of being an established 'brand' in the most marketable and monied competition in the history of sport.

It's to the shame of the two most recent owners that this historically progressive club has failed to grow in what is likely the Roaring '20s of professional football. I would like to see a complete overhaul of how Everton views itself in the modern era.

My 3 choices were redevelop Goodison, increase commercial/sponsorship revenues, and maintain a strong commitment to Everton values.

Compared to most of you, I'm an outsider. Only been following Everton for a few years. Live in USA and never been to Goodison. Haven't been part of previous discussions about sorting out a new stadium, King's Dock, etc. So my perspective is one of someone who hasn't spent his whole life as an Evertonian. Or, maybe more appropriately, it took me a long while to realize that I was an Evertonian.

Redevelop Goodison: Consensus seems to be that keeping Goodison as-is won't work. Again, I am in no position to argue otherwise. In discussions about the Moores/Noell takeover, there's been lots of talk about baseball. Makes me think of Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, and Yankee Stadium...old stadiums that drip with history. Many baseball fans make a pilgrimage to these places even if they're not fans of the teams they host (which is understandable...) just to experience a game there. In my naive mind, Goodison could hold that same kind of sway over football fans, provided that its stories are told through an effective marketing campaign. A renovation that maintains the character of Goodison seems idyllic to me. My fear would be that a move into a new stadium would usher in a fan experience that isn't much different from one you'd get at any other modern stadium. It wouldn't be anything unique. Maybe I'm wrong, but that would be my fear. Or maybe I'm just a selfish beaut/blert/texan/etc. who wants the experience of taking my child to Goodison to see Everton in person.

Increase commercial/sponsorship revenues: Seems fairly self-explanatory. Everton do a crap job of this. More revenue is a good thing. Can be used for improving the team and buying plane tickets for certain players to visit the Colorado area.

Maintain Everton values: The history, community involvement, and values of Everton are what drew me to the club. Not Tim Howard or Leighton Baines or Wayne Rooney or a certain style of play. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Recognizing that football is also a platform to affect positive change in the lives of fans and the surrounding community. Did you see how happy George Shaw has been? The kids at Alder Hey? It brings a tear to my eye to know that the club and its people (most of them, anyway) recognize that they are in a position of privilege and have the ability to make real differences in the lives of those who are not as fortunate. To me, the values are what make Everton what it is. Lose those values and the club no longer has a direction, or at least little that makes it unique.

Apologies for being long-winded. But those are my reasons. COYB

I want a board with a clear objective in growing the Everton brand and buying assets like FF and a NEW stadium with a COMPETITIVE transfer budget.

The Club values matter little as owners can say one thing an do another. But new stadium or redevelopment whilst leaving the team alone is my main beef!

None of the above.
We're not getting taken over. Goodison is being left to rot. and there's no money for new players as we have to sell.
Also tickets for obstructed views will now be dearer than unobstructed.

I've gone 3/4/6. The way in which any take-over is funded is absolutely critical for me. I wouldn't want a United/Glazer style situation where the club is bought with borrowed funding which then acts as a mill-stone for the club for the foreseeable future. I can't really see this happening as the current board should be able to establish how the purchase will be made before it takes place and I don't believe they would want to sell up under such circumstances. All will be revealed in the fullness of time, no doubt.

I'd like to see the new owners establish a Truth & Reconciliation Commission like in post apartheid South Africa. Throw open all financial dealings over the last 15 years for consideration by all, invite forensic accountants and investigators to follow up leads, and publish a final report upon the ethical and legal conduct of the Kenwright regime.

It's the only way to heal fan divisions.

Got to maintain EFC values.
It always lifts the heart to hear how the club engage with the community.

1, 2 & 4. You sort them they should feed everything else required.

In takeover terms we're probably going last. Though frustrating there is a benefit to it. Hopefully these chaps are as smart as I assume you need to be to have this sort of money.

They can look back at all the other takeovers and see the obvious mistakes made and the successes earned and use that as a blueprint to make us great again.

Hopefully they've got a bit more ambition than the frauds over the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.