What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, fair, but he was a pretty solid left back and defensive concepts are probably ingrained.

I’ll never forget sitting at White Hart Lane in 94ish and after Spurs pulled it back to 2-2 we kicked off, lost possession and Unsworth was actually watching the big screen of the replay. Southalls head went pyar blood red screaming at him

GOT come November if we still have Silva in charge..

900_The%20Harrowing%20of%20Hell.jpg

The more I think about us at the minute, the way we’ve been run, the football we play, the money we’ve undoubtedly wasted, we actually do deserve to go down.

We should be Spurs. But we are so much very closer to Villa. Except I reckon Villa would beat us at the moment.

How do we get out of this awful mess lads? I actually hate watching us, our fan base is split again and we’re staring down the barrel of mediocrity.

Do we sack the manager? And if we do who comes in next?

Our squad is filled with players who just aren’t good enough, we can’t even sell them. Because of this Moshiri won’t sanction any more deals. Sandro is on 120k, Schneiderlin is on similar. Mirallas, Bolasie to name a few. How are we gonna shift these deadweights?

What is the solution to all this?

For me, we need to get a manager in who gets us and gets what we’re about. I can’t see any decent candidates who could do this at the moment?
We need to bin off 3/4 of the squad because they are bottlers and they’re rinsing the club.

For the rest of the season I want to see us play 4-3-3. I want to see Siggy and Walcott benched or dropped. I want to see Mina get a run in the side a long side Zouma. I want to see Lookman starting from the left and Bernard in the side too. Maybe as part of a midfield 3 like Silva is used at city. He is busy enough and has the quality. I want to see us go man to man on set pieces and finally I want to see us beat Liverpool at home.
Ok
We need a striker who can finish. If we had one we'd have won yesterday and none of this angst would exist.

Whoever is our coach needs a striker. I'm afraid DCL, Cenk, Oumar and Sandro are not the answer and only DCL could be kept due to his age and potential.

I do see some underlying form to Everton under Silva so I will back him into the new season. But he needs a striker or two plus reinforcement in some other areas. That's a big ask of Brands and the club but if they don't come through, Silva will be thrown under the bus and we'll be repeating these threads for the new guy.

Lousy Everton.
i like DCL but time and time again his finishing has cost us points
He missed an easy header on Saturday, failed to get it on target when he was in the centre of the goal area and unchallenged
If he scores that the whole momentum of the game swings in our favour
He needs to be either sold or loaned out to find his scoring boots
He may have a future in the PL but I doubt it’ll be with us
A proper striker in the summer and we are instantly a much better side
But I’m sure Brands and Silva know this

Agree in the main but not this really. That stadium move is massive for us.

What is crucial is having the right people on the board sorting the right things out.

This is why I keep banging on about Brands. He should be the mouthpiece on all things football - it's his remit. It should be his decision. End of.

DBB oversees it all, and Moshiri can come out of the woodwork every now and then - just not in anything to do with a football capacity as frankly he's clueless.

Then you have others on the board in charge of the stadium.

And that is exactly how the club should be run.
Exactly
A knowledgeable and capable CEO to run the buisness
An expert in football finance to run the money side
A top class commercial manager to bring in revenue
Somebody with experience of getting a big build project completed on time and on budget
A top class DOF to run all aspects of the footballing side
An owner who appoints all these and sits and smiles in the box on matchday and says SFA but puts his hands in his pockets
Get rhis right and the rest will fall into place

Exactly
A knowledgeable and capable CEO to run the buisness
An expert in football finance to run the money side
A top class commercial manager to bring in revenue
Somebody with experience of getting a big build project completed on time and on budget
A top class DOF to run all aspects of the footballing side
An owner who appoints all these and sits and smiles in the box on matchday and says SFA but puts his hands in his pockets
Get rhis right and the rest will fall into place
Exactly, and u don’t need to blame the players anymore..

View attachment 54165Here for me is one of the main problems a squad made up of five managers signings no identity .
The cycle of appointing a manger then swiftly sacking a manager has to stop somewhere .I wish moshiri (not through Jim white) or brands would come out and outline the plan or the vision for at least the next two or three years
At the AGM it was stated the plan was to sign young players for big fees on low wages
It might sound crazy but 3/4 good signings (CF , RW, RB, CM ) would change this side beyond recognition
As was said earlier a CF who can finish would solve a lot of problems

Beyond the awful signings there have been some truly baffling decisions at the club. If anyone can explain to me the logic of extending the contracts of Mirallas and McCarthy I would be thrilled to hear it. Brands had better have a plan because we will probably just about get away with it this season but if we take this squad with these tactics into next season we're totally screwed.
I doubt very much if one player not signed by Silva / Brands will have their contract extended unless they are a youth / Under 23 player
Even Pickford is not safe although the length of his contract means he’s not an issue at the moment.

Fair enough.

I respect your opinion, but what is it actually based on?

You've given me a list and surely you can agree with the points I've made on most of the players?

Again, I don't want you to think I'm laying it all at the players' door. Silva is to blame for his part this season of course. And if he goes he can have no complaints.

But no manager would get top six with this group of players barring a complete miracle - like Leicester was. And even Leicester had a core and a goalscorer.
Leicester has a good GK , 2 strong physical CB , Kante ( who was worth his weight in gold to them ) and a striker who hit a hot streak
Plus the rest of the top six were in transition and disarray

Leicester playing very good football. 18 shots on goal against Totenham. They have a finishing problem but they have 9 easy games now. My favourite to get 6th place.
West Ham have some very good players. Not a good team just yet. But that will come. Finishing 7th or 8th.
Bournemouth a very small club with not much investment but still a team on the same level then Everton at least.
Everton big investment but the team gets worse every season. My favourite to go down, only next season, if they can scrap 6 or 7 points from somewhere.

Sack Silva and bring in somebody like Claude Puel. Not a fancy dan but a hard working coach. Fitness fanatic who has coached bigger clubs (Lyon FC) then Everton. Would be a 100 time improvement to Silva but i fear Leicester wont fire him even if he was the favourite to get fired before the season.
As was stated many times before
Put your bed in the bin , set your bed on fire and get into bed
Puel was detested at Southampton and is despised at Leicester
He dropped Vardy and brought him on to take a penalty
What would he have done if Leicester got a penalty in the first minute
It’s not American football where you can bring in a kicker for one punt at goal

Status
Not open for further replies.