What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we get leadership from board level right through to pitch level then this club will continue to fail.

To continue to cull the useless squad members that have no future here:

Jags, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Sandro, Mirallas, Tosun (as much as he is giving everything he doesn’t suit how we want to play), Besic, Garbutt, etc etc.

And that includes the U23s who aren’t going to make it here - need much younger players in the youth team (ie, 17-20) and some of those 20/21 going on loan. To me, if you’re still playing U23 or loaned out after that you’re not going to make it and we should be looking to sell. See Galloway, Browning, Sambou, Charsley, Williams, Robinson, Connolly.

The squad is bloated and the wage bill must be atrocious

We have no identity. We have wasted money and are further away than ever to the top 6.

I can’t see how paying another manager off and wasting even more money when there needs to be this much surgery from top to bottom.

Top Balcony isn't saying he wants seventh. He's saying these players should be good enough to finish top six. Which they just aren't, at all.

I don’t believe people will moan if Silva can beat the dross teams at home. Those who don’t like him because he can’t even able to defend (with his tactics) and get the best of the rest tag.

It's easy how we solve this:

• The owner continues to acknowledge he's the root cause of this mess and keeps his beak out of the football side of the club
  • The DoF comes out front and centre and puts down any nascent rebellion on the terraces regarding another quick managerial change
  • The manager gets backed in the summer with cash to buy key players up front and out wide and another GK
If collective discipline prevails like that then we're going to be a lot more formidable next season. I cant stress enough how pivotal this juncture is: if the hierarchy bend the knee to another fan stampede to get shut of a manager then we are spiralling out of control toward Geordie dimensions oblivion.

Generally how I feel. We are becoming a mangerial merry-go-round circus of a club and if it continues we WILL end up like the Geordies, undoubtedly.

Not sure I've much faith in Silva though, but I think I'd rather give him more time than the above scenario developing.

Mina, Digne, Baines, Richarlison, Bernard, Guye, Pickford, Keane, Zouma, Gomes, Walcott, Sigurdsson, with this nucleus of players with some young players should be making top 6 and performing better under a different manager.

Only portions of Everton fans overrate the academy players year after year. There’s only one Wayne Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.