What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The solution is three fold...

A: Punt out as many players as possible over the next 2 summers and also perhaps a 3rd summer when all the dross' contracts are up.

B: Replace the ousted players with young future stars.

A+B is what was stated in the AGM

C: Back Silva or replace him with Brands 1st choice to keep focus of a long term plan.

The solution is three fold...

A: Punt out as many players as possible over the next 2 summers and also perhaps a 3rd summer when all the dross' contracts are up.

B: Replace the ousted players with young future stars.

A+B is what was stated in the AGM

C: Back Silva or replace him with Brands 1st choice to keep focus of a long term plan.

The big part of this solution is going to be communicating this message to supporters, and what the implications of this are. That's a big weak spot. People then fall into demoralism and panic which doesn't help.

I thought he said something about looking into the abyss being like supporting Everton.
Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now spoke of 'the horror...the horror'. The look in Marco's eyes nowadays, reveal a man who has stared into the abyss and seen the horror. Because down in the abyss, looking back up at him are people like Yannick and Morgs.
No wonder Marco is totally traumatised...

Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now spoke of 'the horror...the horror'. The look in Marco's eyes nowadays, reveal a man who has stared into the abyss and seen the horror. Because down in the abyss, looking back up at him are people like Yannick and Morgs.
No wonder Marco is totally traumatised...

"I watched a snail (Michael Keane) crawl along the edge of a flat-footed defence. That's my dream. That's my nightmare: crawling, slithering, along the edge of a crap defence and conceding"

"I watched a snail (Michael Keane) crawl along the edge of a flat-footed defence. That's my dream. That's my nightmare: crawling, slithering, along the edge of a crap defence and conceding"
I think we have got to cut Snail Keane a little slack...the lad is crippled with homesickness.

• 4-3-3
  • Sigurdsson dropped or re-positioned
  • Pickford dropped / find a new goalkeeping coach / both
  • Man marking
  • Replace Ferguson with Unsworth for his defensive nous alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.