What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These players are not good enough to finish in the top 6. Nowhere close.

That isn't an excuse for the manager to have overseen a run of 3 wins in 13 league games since the derby, though.

And 2003 because you seem to think that having international players means we should challenge for top 6 and you've also called it 'the Premiership'. It was a joke.
Yeah cos the Leicester players were world beaters. It's all about management, morale, confidence. These players ARE good enough for top 6. We are going nowhere with this clown.

Yeah cos the Leicester players were world beaters. It's all about management, morale, confidence. These players ARE good enough for top 6. We are going nowhere with this clown.

FFS, Leicester was a freak, a miracle that will probably not happen again for another 20 years, maybe more.

If anyone or everyone could do a Leicester, then footy would be a bit different, wouldn't it.

In fact, Ranieri did that. Then got sacked. And is now gonna go down with Fulham, most likely.

These players aren't good enough for top six. Some of them could be, and could be part of a squad to challenge top six, but on the whole we are nowhere near in terms of the squad.

Again, this isn't an excuse to only win 3 league games in 13.

Just league games...

Leicester - 1 win in 7 (as it stands, assuming Spurs hold on)
West Ham - 1 win in 7
Bournemouth - 2 wins in 7

For the record, Everton - 2 wins in 7
I still think they are better positioned to pick up points than we are
All the three you mention, have beaten top 6 clubs and scrambled a few draws
I guess we won’t know until the end of the season, but I am extremely fearful

FFS, Leicester was a freak, a miracle that will probably not happen again for another 20 years, maybe more.

If anyone or everyone could do a Leicester, then footy would be a bit different, wouldn't it.

In fact, Ranieri did that. Then got sacked. And is now gonna go down with Fulham, most likely.

These players aren't good enough for top six. Some of them could be, and could be part of a squad to challenge top six, but on the whole we are nowhere near in terms of the squad.

But it shoots your argument down that players aren’t good enough. Mismanagement is our downfall. Shame you can’t see that.

Liverpool have a chance to repeat Leicester's success

@TopBalconyView please list the players we have currently who you believe are good enough to get in a top 6 side.
Mina, Digne, Baines, Richarlison, Bernard, Guye, Pickford, Keane, Zouma, Gomes, Walcott, Sigurdsson, with this nucleus of players with some young players should be making top 6 and performing better under a different manager.

Last edited:
But it shoots your argument down that players aren’t good enough. Mismanagement is our downfall. Shame you can’t see that.

What?

I'm not saying we haven't been mismanaged. I keep telling you that.

I just also think it's utterly baffling that you suggest this squad is good enough to finish top 6.

- We don't have a decent striker. Literally Huddersfield and Cardiff have worse striking options than us. That's it. Heck, had Sala (RIP) joined Cardiff, they'd be better off than us tbh.

- Two of our three first-choice CBs have made the same errors all season, and Keane did last year as well.

- Our RB has fallen off a cliff this season (although not as much as some have said imo). Kenny is okay but lacking.

- We have some half-decent creative players playing with no confidence.

The only players we have, by my reckoning, who would currently get in a top six side (i.e. demand a start) are Gueye and Digne. Neither would get in all of the top six. Gueye would probably start for Arsenal and Digne for United and Arsenal.

Mina, Digne, Baines, Richarlison, Bernard, Guye, Pickford, Keane, Zouma, Gomes, Walcott, Sigurdsson, with this nucleus of players with some me young players should be making top 6 and performing better under a different manager.

No mate

Mina - maybe, eventually, but he's got a lot of development to do.
Digne - yes, probably.
Richarlison - see Mina.
Bernard - maybe a squad player at best.
Gueye - see Digne.
Pickford - not better than any of the top 6 gk's. Patricio also better. He's probably the 8th best in the league.
Keane - no, has played in a Burnley side that scrapped to stay up and for us. Never going to be good enough.
Zouma - he literally isn't good enough for Chelsea as they keep loaning him out - and he got relegated last year.
Gomes - maybe - see Bernard.
Walcott - literally sold by Arsenal because he was no longer good enough.
Gylfi - sold by Spurs. Squad player, maybe.

I still think they are better positioned to pick up points than we are
All the three you mention, have beaten top 6 clubs and scrambled a few draws
I guess we won’t know until the end of the season, but I am extremely fearful

Maybe so.

They all have better forward options than us.

But they are just as inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.