What is the solution to this mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to the thread question is that there is no obvious solution. Ridiculous calls for immediate sacking and appointment of a range of names that no one knows anything about nor of their availability or even their willingness to come, set against keeping Silva and reviewing the whole club approach from May onward, both management and recruitment policy. I would go for the latter but do not pretend to know what the outcome might be. In years ahead people will look at our recruitment policy 2017/2018 and condemn it as a disgrace. The task of unloading many unsuitable players and their wages will take another 2 or more years. A red friend told me today that despite their success they still have 2 or 3 players who are never picked and drawing wages who have been impossible to shift out. No easy quick way out of our much worse state. It will be really interesting to see what the fans verdict will be regarding season ticket renewals. Full houses again in 2019/2020? Or...

Some of these games we've lost because we don't have a decent finisher.
Seriously missed that since Lakaku left, criminal that we haven't replaced him.
You score that first goal and confidence builds, you concede first and confidence spirals downwards.
It's only been 18 months since he left. Are we waiting for him to return?

Here for me is one of the main problems a squad made up of five managers signings no identity .
The cycle of appointing a manger then swiftly sacking a manager has to stop somewhere .I wish moshiri (not through Jim white) or brands would come out and outline the plan or the vision for at least the next two or three years

No, they aren't.

What have any of these players shown to suggest that they are close to being good enough for top 6 on a consistent basis.

We had a good run earlier in the season and got to sixth. But nobody - even if our form hadn't dropped off a cliff - would have expected us to finish there.

Not one of our players would get in any of the sides from 1-6, bar maybe Digne, who'd probably get in at United and Arsenal.

I've watched every game, bar one. I'd suggest that you're the one who hasn't been watching this side if you think these players are good enough for top six, mate.

This isn't a defence of Silva. It's just nonsense to suggest that these players are top-six quality. Heck, more than half of them wouldn't get in the Wolves side, and we'd be lucky to get 6 in Watford's side.
Nonsense, they are mostly international players. Whether you believe they should be in the top 6 or not, we can at least agree they are being mismanaged. Next you will be telling me these players are not even good enough to beat Millwall, we should have beat them comfortably but Silva is so out of his depth he can’t set up a defender to defend set pieces. Silva is tactically clueless and his defence coaching is farcical.

View attachment 54165Here for me is one of the main problems a squad made up of five managers signings no identity .
The cycle of appointing a manger then swiftly sacking a manager has to stop somewhere .I wish moshiri (not through Jim white) or brands would come out and outline the plan or the vision for at least the next two or three years
We don’t have a plan, that's the problem. That’s why no one has come out. Sitting in their offices watching the clock.

Nonsense, they are mostly international players. Whether you believe they should be in the top 6 or not, we can at least agree they are being mismanaged. Next you will be telling me these players are not even good enough to beat Millwall, we should have beat them comfortably but Silva is so out of his depth he can’t set up a defender to defend set pieces. Silva is tactically clueless and his defence coaching is farcical.

It's not 2003. That literally means F all. Most Premier League players are internationals.

You're clearly in denial lid, Silva is a clown. I bet you're one of those beauts that think when we move into a new stadium we will win the premiership in the first season.

I'm not in denial at all or defending Silva. I just don't agree that these players are good enough for top six. I'm really baffled that you're ardently sticking to this point of view as well when everything points to them being mid-table quality - at best 7th.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing better. But we haven't even got the best squad outside of the top six, never mind one good enough to finish there.

And no, I'm not 'one of those beauts'.

I'm also not one of those beauts that still call it 'the Premiership'. More evidence that you're living in 2003? :D

I guess so
But they appear to be able to win games...
Can you see us turning Chelsea over
Can you honestly see us turning anyone over

Just league games...

Leicester - 1 win in 7 (as it stands, assuming Spurs hold on)
West Ham - 1 win in 7
Bournemouth - 2 wins in 7

For the record, Everton - 2 wins in 7

I'm not in denial at all or defending Silva. I just don't agree that these players are good enough for top six. I'm really baffled that you're ardently sticking to this point of view as well when everything points to them being mid-table quality - at best 7th.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing better. But we haven't even got the best squad outside of the top six, never mind one good enough to finish there.

And no, I'm not 'one of those beauts'.

I'm also not one of those beauts that still call it 'the Premiership'. More evidence that you're living in 2003? :D
What the hell has 2003 gotta do with it? Silly boy. These players are good enough. They are just lost like the those Man
Utd players under Silva's Dad.

Beyond the awful signings there have been some truly baffling decisions at the club. If anyone can explain to me the logic of extending the contracts of Mirallas and McCarthy I would be thrilled to hear it. Brands had better have a plan because we will probably just about get away with it this season but if we take this squad with these tactics into next season we're totally screwed.

What the hell has 2003 gotta do with it? Silly boy. These players are good enough. They are just lost like the those Man
Utd players under Silva's Dad.

These players are not good enough to finish in the top 6. Nowhere close.

That isn't an excuse for the manager to have overseen a run of 3 wins in 13 league games since the derby, though.

And 2003 because you seem to think that having international players means we should challenge for top 6 and you've also called it 'the Premiership'. It was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.